Do these wheels/tyres fit?? Read this first! Offset/fitment answers within..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know - another post about wheels and stuff. I'm picking up a 2016 E350D estate (W212) with 18 inch wheels - 245/40R18 front and 265/35R18 rear. Thinking about winter tyres - although probably for next season now - if I keep the 18s then it appears 245 section tyres can go on front and rear - so all good there. However if I drop down to 17s, will the 17" 8J or 8.5J wheel fit both front and rear of the E350D? The front offset is the same (48) but the rear offset for the 18" wheel is 54.

Thanks - and sorry if its been addressed before.

Ian
Hi Ian

We have exactly that, with the same AMG wheels. In November I purchased a barely-used set of proper M+S+'snowflake' 225/55-17 Dunlop SP Winter Sport 4D tyres on Merc 17" rims for £400 on eBay. These had been used literally once, then the company car was returned so the wheels were surplus. They went straight onto our W212 E-350 no problems, but I did have to spend an extra £60 on genuine Merc wheel bolts, as the newer rims were of a deeper bolt profile. We've been all over in the snow up here in the Highlands since. No clearance or speedo issues either.

Hi folks, I need some advice, I'm a newbie. Does anyone know what are the actual wheel specs for my E350 CDI 201 Sport?
I've read 8.5j 5x112 ET48 and 9.5j 5x112 ET48 but the chart doesn't quite agree, it's a bit confusing

Nice one mate, I understand now, depends on the wheel size the ET goes up or down:) so for 19'' the ET is 48

^ Not necessarily :D
Always remember that the higher the number ET above the recommended one the wheel will sit closer to the suspension and caliper. You can get over that by using a hubcentric spacer to move the wheel out. Conversely, if the ET is lower, it moves the wheel out toward the wheel arch. You then have to consider getting longer or shorter wheel bolts if there is much change.
Might be an idea to save these lists of the correct ET for each wheel size for your W212. Provided you stick to OEM wheels made for a W212 you shouldn't go wrong.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 17
Thanks again mate you're very helpful, the ETs I'm looking at is ET45 which is only 3mm further out (mine are ET48) so I think they should be ok

Hi,
Do the wheels from a W205 C63 fit a W204 C63?
Thanks

I would like to know if these wheels will fit my ML W166 at the moment I have 19,s on (8.5jx19H2 et59) I’m looking at putting some 20,s on which are (9jx20H2 et57).
As the page header says Will these wheels fit thanks in advance Al.

Hello

Sorry for the newbie question.I got a flat tyre on the rear passenger side and looking at Kwik fit to find out which one is right for me
Here is a screen shot from Kwik fit online (Capture)

Car:2007 Manual Mercedes C-class C200 Kompressor SE
(Flat)Rear Passenger:225/40ZR18
Rear Driver:225 40R18 92W
Front Passenger:225/40 ZR18 92W
Front Driver:225 40ZR 18 92W

Any suggestions ?

Thank you

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    36.4 KB · Views: 6
Brothers, I have a W212 E 350 avangarde and I need yours help!
I want to buy 18inch rims with front 8,5 J offset 25 , in the back 9,5 J offset 26...
Is it to big or they will fit?
And sorry for my english if I make mistakes
Thank you!

Brothers, I have a W212 E 350 avangarde and I need yours help!
I want to buy 18inch rims with front 8,5 J offset 25 , in the back 9,5 J offset 26...
Is it to big or they will fit?
And sorry for my english if I make mistakes
Thank you!

Welcome to the forum. Don't apologise for your English, its fine:thumb:
They won't fit Valeri:(
Far too close to the wheel arches and will foul them .
Have a look at the 18" wheels for a W212 and check out the correct ET's.

Mercedes E Class Saloon Alloys (W212) - Alloy Wheels Direct

Welcome to the forum. Don't apologise for your English, its fine:thumb:
They won't fit Valeri:(
Far too close to the wheel arches and will foul them .
Have a look at the 18" wheels for a W212 and check out the correct ET's.

Mercedes E Class Saloon Alloys (W212) - Alloy Wheels Direct
Thank you so much for the answer!
And what exacly is going to happen if I put them?
Sorry for the stupid question...I just love this rims and I really want to make shure what is the risk if I buy them and try to put them in my car.

Sorry to say, the tyres will rub against the wheel arches if you buy these rims.

Ok thank you so much!I will try to find another rims!
Do you know some website in uk to look for a second hand rims?

Still some bargains to be found on eBay for genuine MB alloys. Just check you have the correct fitment before buying. Use the link in Post#355 to check beforehand.
Carriage to Bulgaria may be expensive though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom