Do you like the area where you live?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lived in Tenby/Pembrokeshire all my life, despite travelling extensively across most the major continents and living a fair bit in Brazil there certainly is no place like home! ....... Despite the weather!

That looks stunning Eddie.

We moved to Dumfriesshire from Manchester 10 years ago and never been happier.

The front page news in the local paper here is a lot different to that of Manchester.

Ant.

Very nice....well done you.

Live in Hertfordshire just outside Potters Bar nr Brookmans Park/Bell Bar. Moved 2.5 years ago. Very happy here at mo...away from lots of people!

Just having some tea & toast before going to cut some grass

bb1351a40338e612de602cf3499bafe7.jpg

We live in Kent. Tho some days I'm just not so sure.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Last edited:
Interesting question for us as we are contemplating moving.

Currently live 2 miles from centre of Brum in a very quiet residential area that we like very much however the views are lacking and having horses is a bit of a no no.

Seriously considering renting our Brum home out and buying this property [URL="http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41339406.htm/URL]

Suspect we would have plenty of family and friend visitors if we did:rolleyes:

I'd like to move somewhere a bit more rural, I'm more interested in space and outbuildings than a big rambling pile of a house.

I'd like to move somewhere a bit more rural, I'm more interested in space and outbuildings than a big rambling pile of a house.

Being insulated from others noise is nice. We'd look at that place in Dolgellau for 10 years max; we know we'd have plenty of visitors and I would want a hobby room and a home office without compromising on the bedrooms. After 10 years we would move to Aberdyfi but similar properties are a tad more expensive - Property - Balkan Hill House
and I need to earn a few more pounds

Exactly what we wanted and did. Only a 4 bed detached cottage but plenty big enough for us 4. With plenty of space, land and outbuildings. Definitely the way forward.

Right now I'm at the top of the garden drinking a well earned cup of tea.
Here's the view. The view out the front is similar.

image-2913645720.jpg

Interesting question for us as we are contemplating moving.

Currently live 2 miles from centre of Brum in a very quiet residential area that we like very much however the views are lacking and having horses is a bit of a no no.

Seriously considering renting our Brum home out and buying this property [URL="http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41339406.htm/URL]

Suspect we would have plenty of family and friend visitors if we did:
y

The stair carpet is a bit iffy! LOL, Seriously nice house, go for it you only live once

Err.. Nope! I hate every minute of it where I live.. its like a magnet for thugs and thugesses... When I first moved here it was all sweetness and light some 20 years ago..but now I have smart ass neighbours that think its funny sending fake deliveries to your door, one that thinks pelting you cars with eggs is the way to treat people and 3 that have got hee haw to do bar curtain twitch.. but when you ask "Did you see.." its "Oh I must have been .."etc etc.. Why don't I move I hear you ask.. well the down turn in Oil & Gas has seen me made redundant and I've been unemployed now for 7 months.. the area used to be known as "Spam Valley" but its been infiltrated by drugs barons/baronesses (to the value of £400k) and other err..undesirables ...:-(

Well it's slightly scruffy compared to my previous street but I've pretty much dumped the mortgage and I'm still in easy tube or cycle reach of the City so I'm happy.

Once Brent Council panning agree to my home redevelopment I'll be even happier.

(it's a bit of dump at the moment.....)

Not one single bit.

Soulless place with unfriendly people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love where I live.
I have lived in Mill Hill for many years on and off. My family go back to the late 1800's here.

I've got 10 years left here and then it's back to Skiathos.

Nope, not a bit.

The immediate neighbourhood is nice with well-kept detached houses but a 5 min dog walk takes you into a far less attractive environment.

Skelmersdale, an investment-starved new town in Lancashire.

For the moment, extended three bed bungalow with a large garage and enough offroad parking space for six cars. Nice quiet area with good "old school" neighbours.

2.5 miles from my work.

3 miles from my wifes work.

Son can walk to Cardonald college.

Daughter is 50m from the bus stop to Strathclyde Uni.

The long term plan is work for another ten years (60) then move to a wee quiet village and restore bikes, in the workshop / garage, to provide the pocket money and relieve any boredom that may arise.

Kenny

Love it. Obviously biased, but living 5 minutes drive from the beaches at Sandbanks Poole 10 minutes from Bournemouth town centre and 20 odd minutes to the New Forest I wouldn't live anywhere else.
Born in London, I thank my parents for taking us away, via another hole that is Stevenage to our current location.
Apologies to any London or Stevenage residents, but neither place floats my boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom