Do you use the speedtronic limiter?

Do you use the speed limiter on your Merc?

• No, not fitted

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • No, don't use cruise or limiter

Votes: 40 9.2%
  • No, do use cruise

Votes: 199 45.5%
  • Yes, I regularly use the limiter

Votes: 191 43.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Depending on speed reduction - but defo uses the gearbox as the revs go up (change down) but not sure if it uses brakes or fuel management or both for minor corrections

Often, especially in an average camera zone. Otherwise it is far too easy to pick up speed in the 55.

whitenemesis said:
Cruise control strives to maintain a set speed. Speed limiter simply prevents the car (and driver) from exceeding a set speed. On the limiter one can still drive normally at all speed below the set limit. On cruise the car travels at the set speed only, so no real use around town for example

I prefer speedtronic to cruise as you still have to apply throttle pressure so I feel more in control of the car than with cruise set. Just personal opinion

I also use it when in a speed controlled zone like roadworks and 30's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use this all the time, would really miss not having it. I have it on the Vito as well. In average speed set it to 55 job done. Don't hang around I am 46 and last points were 309 Gti when I was 18 and that's doing at least 25k a year

I do not speed around town though. The only other thing I use is a Garmin sat nav with speed camera alerts. Out of interest can you get this on Comand? Still amazes me the Garmin was 100 quid and is so much better than Comand in my c class e

Never really used it in the SL55... but use it all the time in the C63! It's been a saviour when driving unknown routes in London and I'm concentrating more on the traffic and where I'm going!

Use it in 30 zones and roadworks like others, but I wish it carried on with your last setting when you restart after an ignition switch off.

Would use it more often then. Like if I saw the need before I stopped why wouldn't I see the need when I restarted?

I used cruise control on a couple of occasions, just because it's there :D . I can report that it works :thumb: .

I don't find cruise control particularly useful, but then I don't regularly do long motorway journeys on empty roads...

I something use the speed limiter on motorway roadworks sections that have average speed cameras. I also use it when driving with the Aviva Drive app in 20mph zones (of which there are quite a few in London).

Incidentally... I can't recommend driving at 20mph in 20mph zones.... you get overtaken dangerously, impatient drivers use their horn or flash their headlamps, or just tailgate. Sad but true :( .

I frequently use cruise control for ease and also to control speed in restricted areas.

Use cruise loads. And I dont speed in built up areas no matter what other drivers think.

I use both this and cruise control regularly depending on the circumstances. On a clear motorway, cruise keeps my licence shiny clean and when there's other traffic around with frequent slowing down and speeding up, Speedtronic makes sure my right foot behaves itself without having to take my eyes off the road continually.

Well, I think I have one or the other (don't know the difference really) on the little green car, but I don't understand how to use it. Mind you, I don't go far or fast...

I use both the limiter and cruise,using cruise on my run between Manchester and Aberdeen I can get 50 plus MPG

Another Age Concern option

I always said that I was not old enough for a Mercedes. Now at 54 I finally bought a CLS. Know what? I was right all those years! All these extras like automatic wipers (what is that wet stuff on the window?), seat memory ('where was I sitting?'), automatic lights ('is it visiting time yet?') are all there for oldies who have forgotten they are even sitting in a car. They can't control their speed, direction or bladder (don't worry, heated and ventilated seats will dry you off). They are unable to avoid the most obvious thing to hit; The Car In Front. For lardies the steering wheel moves out of the way as we struggle to get our porcine backsides off the seat (gut avoidance technology? 'Blubbertronic'?). The tailgate beeps loudly in case we already forgot we pressed the button by the time it hits us in the face. I am surprised by the absence of a 'catheter out' warning. What has become of us? What happened to actual driving? Where has my hair gone? I need a nap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom