Do you wash your own car or not

Do you wash your own car or not

• I wash my own car

Votes: 444 82.7%
  • Some one else cleans my car

Votes: 93 17.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've found an excellent hand car wash so they now wash mine it's only a fiver I then drive home and give it a polish.

My cousin owned this years back- he's big Nissan fan (caught the bug off me and my brother:D and has owned fair few ZXs .Modded , he blasted his mates in their Scoobys and Evos.I recall how easily it kept up with a mate's 911 Turbo:rock:
DSC05006.jpg

I always wash my own cars this is one I did earlier

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 50
I allways clean mine now , keeps me in tune with any new scratches and I just guess the satisfaction of a clean car :). Would have to be exceptional circumstances for a drive through in out jobby to be used

Never taken mine to any kind of car wash, has to be done by me. But then it would probably take them too long to wash mine! lol

Having bought a CLS that was previously owned by a guy who ran a detailing business I am stuck with either paying for detailing or doing it myself - would be criminal to let it near anyone else such as the Tesco Sandpaper hand wash.

I start off washing my own cars, then started to use a local polish garage, but since then started using a squeegee rather than drying chamies/towels I now do it myself again!

With my old car, it was wrapped matt grey and the wrap took so much abuse with no consequence, so 9/10 times I'd take it to a hand car wash, but now I have actual paint to look after with the W211, I hand wash it myself.

efabc17fac.jpg

I always used to wash my own; partly because I enjoyed it, and partly because I didn't always trust someone else with my car.

Unfortunately the house we moved in to at the end of last year doesn't have an outside tap for the hose (or rather there's a tap, but it must be isolated somewhere inside that I haven't found yet) so I think I'm going to have to let someone else do it now.

I've always washed my own cars because I don't trust anyone else to do it. Not even the wife hahaha I wash her car also.

The CL is washed at home by Ana and the S-Class is washed by a hand car wash.

A Bit of both really, but I always dry it off then apply polish/wax etc myself...

You may find mate that the car wash place is using a fairly harsh traffic film remove so the effort your making to apply wax is being undone the next time they wash it.

Not trying to be preachy as some detailing types might but it's not uncommon they use TFR prior to jet washing.

And that's why you look at who's washing your car.. mines a girls that has her own detailing business and loves my Merc.. looks after it as if it were her own.. I've asked her many a time what it is she uses and its all safe.. she can get that water look shine on black that I can't quite get, I can get a shine on it but I feel it just doesn't get that water look that she gets....

I'm a member on Detailing World, so always do ours myself, and quite often....

As this is on my drive, I have a reputation with the neighbours, and get the same old comments, so I'm thinking of putting a sign out each time:

Yes, I could well make it rain
Yes, I know it will only get dirty again
Yes, I might have missed a bit
No, I don't think I'll wear the paint away

And

No, I'm not doing yours next!!

But then maybe not.

I'm a member on Detailing World, so always do ours myself, and quite often....

As this is on my drive, I have a reputation with the neighbours, and get the same old comments, so I'm thinking of putting a sign out each time:

Yes, I could well make it rain
Yes, I know it will only get dirty again
Yes, I might have missed a bit
No, I don't think I'll wear the paint away

And

No, I'm not doing yours next!!

But then maybe not.

Or the standard 'they only charge £4 at the end of the road'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only way to know it's done properly. Pre wash. We buckets wash. Rinse, dry and wax.
Always thought car washers weren't quite good enough. Yeah it saves you time. But they rely on pressure to blast most dirt off and miss loads

Made one mistake and took the car for the first and last time to a Polish car wash a couple of weeks ago to get rid of a film of tree sap on the roof. Worst mistake I could have made as it turned out.

The jetwash took an inch square section of lacquer straight off the A pillar. I assume I can use the touch up lacquer stick to repair this. I'll handwash it myself , as before, in future.

You are probably not the first or the last!

Before i retired in my trade i used to do veneering as a hobby and learnt quickly that by rubbing and sanding the veneer gets unreliable the thinner it gets and will eventually just bubble up as it has lifted from it`s substrate because it is so thin. It would bubble up just looking at it and that was with two pack lacquer on top.

The same thing happens with the clear lacquer on motors ...with all the detailing and clay bars the lacquer becomes unreliable and one blast with a jet of water whether a home bought one or the car wash garage will lift the lacquer as it has become thin.......

Over time you will see all these detailers motors will have lacquer problems.

But as i have said before each to there own.......

Clay bar will not damage the lacquer, There are Zero abrasives in clay bars.

Clay bar will not damage the lacquer, There are Zero abrasives in clay bars.

Genuine question.

Does the claybar pick up dust or grit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom