dodo juice sour power shampoo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rom1

Car
Mercedes c220d cabriolet
first time I used this this shampoo, found it to be really good, made it easier and quicker to clean car, excellent dilution ration 2 cap fulls to 8L of warm water.

One thing I noticed I followed the directions used 2 buckets, rinsed and dried as per normal. Now the car looks a lot darker than it has done before, not used anything else before or after but it it noticeably darker shade of grey.

Is this normal as I did prefer it when it wasn't as dark as it has gone?

It contains gloss enhancers/wax so it will leave a little something behind on the paintwork. If you want to stick with Dodo Juice try Born to be Mild or even Basics of Bling is decent.

That sounds good, ordered 2 bottles of sour power, which is going to takes ages to get through. I'll try to sell one on ebay then try born to be mild I've heard good things about that one.

Thanks Rom

Never noticed any darkening upon washing my car with SP, but my dilution ratio was much higher that you've diluted it at. Try using one cup full for the bucket next time, it will still be more than enough!

Just make sure the car is rinsed properly, all should be fine - great beading right after washing too!

Surprised a shampoo would noticeably darken paintwork unless you literally had no other products on it prior to washing (wax, sealant etc).

Either way, it won't have done any harm. I use their Born to be Mild shampoo purely as it dilutes well and noticeably makes the water feel slick which is what you want to avoid inflicting damage. Plus it won't strip any protection you do have on the car.

I use this as well and TBH I'm not too fussed about carwash shampoo as long as it's a well respected brand's product.

I'm guessing that this may have been due to the lighting outside, a car can look all sorts of shades throughout the day dependent on a million of factors which affect lighting outside...

Even colour enhancing waxes such as Purple Haze will be difficult to notice by the naked eye...

Even colour enhancing waxes such as Purple Haze will be difficult to notice by the naked eye...

Did you ever see that test panel Dodo Juice did with all their colour charged waxes?

There was some discussion that the whole idea of coloured waxes was just a novelty. So they taped off a white bonnet into various squares and layered their colour charged waxes.

You could actually see the paintwork had a feint colour of whichever wax was on it. Orange Crush, Purple Haze etc. Proved a point but like you say hard to spot one white let alone a darker colour.

Did you ever see that test panel Dodo Juice did with all their colour charged waxes?

No I've never seen that post Alex, would be interesting though... I was actually thinking when writing the colour post, that the only colour that would show some detectable trace has to be on clear white paintwork.

I have no doubt the colour enhanced waxes add something to the paintwork, it's a no brainier, where else would the colour of the wax go... It's just with such a thin coat, it is virtually invisible to the naked eye, especially on darker cars. I've had a good number of coats on my previous black car, I would occasionally see the paintwork with a slight / uncertain hint of purple at a certain angle, but I really doubt that was PH coming through, it must of just been the lighting/shade/angle vs car clear coat & metallic flake reflection...

Get that dodo test picture on here if you come across it! :thumb:

I suspect that a well prepped panel would bring out the metallic and colour of a panel more than a last stage product, even if it is colour charged. Bit of a gimmick really but hey why not! :)

This is a snapshot of the image someone else took that I found on Google, can't recall if it was Detailing World where I saw it originally.

image001.jpg

Wow... I thought you'd see a slight effect, but not that much... that would actually put me off using wax on a light coloured car, just looks like it was coloured with crayons haha.

Maybe this is before the wax was buffed, surely it wont be that strong :crazy:

I can't recall if that was after it was buffed off or whether it was layered. The edges certainly show more build up but I suspect due to be taped.

That's the one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom