D'oh, accidentally brought this home instead of the Smart again.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter DLM

MB Enthusiast
Car
19 reg CLS 350d, 67 reg AMG GT R Caterham Levante
Not sure how I mistook the two :dk:

A 350 CDi this time instead of the 450. I think the V8 TD is no more now :(

350 very very hushed and refined in this car.

I'm got this for Saturday for a trip to Manchester airport to ferry some American biker buddies to Liverpool docks for their TT trip. Then on Sunday I'm swapping the GL for an E Class Cabriolet. Sadly only a 250 CDi available :( not sure if this engine works in the Cab as it is quite grumbly. :dk:

3c844f2a.jpg

Aye, experienced the 250 CDi a few times now. Ok in an S212, not so good in S204. Must be less insulation? Will see what the lack of a roof does for the experience.

Nearly 400 miles today. 32mpg on both halves. Should be more I think, but motor only has 2,000 miles on it so far. Needs the 7g+ box as 70mph in 7th is 2,000rpm, compared with 1700 rpm.

I didn't like the interior to start with, as I thought it looked better in Black/Black, but it has grown on me.

e1d039ec.jpg

6ec233fd.jpg

Lovely, if money were no object then I'd have a GL on my drive.

The day an E250cdi cabriolet is a disappointment is the day I'll give up driving!

Bar the David Dickinson suntan wood, loving the interior of that. Shame its not got birds eye maple wood.

Reminds me of my old BM - I still think the BMW has the nicer dash etc

DSC02035Large.jpg

BTW, my 7g car is 1800rpm. The GL being so heavy probably has a shorter final drive. I suspect a 3litre engine really isn't big enough for the car.

I love GL's.

I especially love the V8 diesel.

I might buy one in the autumn.

Did you run over any peasants on your travels Pete?

D'oh, that sucks, so I need the V8 after all as it wasn't that much thirstier really. Shame the interior spec of these cars has aged so much, I'd seriously consider an 11 reg V8. The COMAND feels positively ancient compared to the lastest version along with the dashboard LCDs.

BTW, my 7g car is 1800rpm. The GL being so heavy probably has a shorter final drive. I suspect a 3litre engine really isn't big enough for the car.

That looks very similar to my ol' 330i Sport also, yellow/black so lush.

It feels in no way under-motored, 7.9 to 60mph quoted and I quite believe that. It possibly lacking a little torque under 2,000rpmto pull the gear. :(

That looks very similar to my ol' 330i Sport also, yellow/black so lush.

It feels in no way under-motored, 7.9 to 60mph quoted and I quite believe that. It possibly lacking a little torque under 2,000rpmto pull the gear. :(

I did see a Designo 211 with black headining and creme leather, with black wood. I thought, now thats nice. I love black headling, don't know why, but I love it.

No, sounds alright on paper, faster than an E220cdi anyway and that seemed fine. For a V6CDi to be described as under torque from below 2000rpm indicates its one heavy old hector that car. In a "car" you don't have to go above 2000rpm to make a reasonable progress.

Guess it needs the V8CDi, and if that does little worse on fuel, I guess the reason being is that it needs so much less effort and probably is the engine for the car, particulalry when laiden which GLs will frequently as their uses of large family cars.

Is it just me or does that ash tray look broke. The gap between the top of it on the LHS is smaller than the gap on the right....

Its not pulled out, more loose cheap trim?

I think it's just the angles, it looks fine from in the car. My OCD for levels and gaps would have picked up on that the moment I opened the door the first time.

ce8f294c.jpg

Phweeew....

On a posative, is that a leather stitched dash on there.

Leather stitched dashs are awesome. Better still if trimmed in Alcantara...

Yup, I believe they're standard. Yes, it's lovely <3

The GL's are cracking value second hand but its the older engine means probably less mpg...

Plenty round here, I like them

SPX, if your buying one soon you better hurry up and get that E55 !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom