Doh! I want my c350 back asap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robfen100

Car
W204 C350cdi Sport Estate
Well...nearly two weeks ago a fellow motorist of inadequate mental capacity or dubious knowledge of the highway code thought nothing of using the wrong lane (i.e on the right side of a keep left bollard) to turn right onto an A road, just at the moment I was pulling off the road at approx 50 mph.:doh:

I'm very familiar with this road, the junction allows you to take a relatively quick line turning off as it is at a relaxed angle, if you know what I mean. You can guess the outcome...the vehicle I was following (that was obscuring forward view somewhat) carried-on happily along the main road, so when I started to 'peel off' I didn't have a lot of time to react:eek:

My reactions ain't that bad it seems and stood on the brakes then jinked left up the kerb to avoid head-on smash, but as I straightened-up the two cars "kissed" as I passed the idiot in the wrong place.

The kiss damaged most of the off-side and kerbed near-side alloy - it all worked out well as other driver's insurer admitted full liability. I've let Mercedes Accident Management do everything thus far - sorting out all paperwork and organizing hire car, which came today.

C250 cdi estate 2014 (outgoing model, not latest model). I have to say the difference between 250 and 350 is much more than I expected - in a bad way. I can't believe how gruff the four pot diesel unit is in the c class!

I had a test drive in an ML250 and it was far better than I expected. Unless they have changed the engine significantly in a year, it just shows how much the increased insulation and different mountings(?) of the bigger car can make a difference. Really missing v6 engine already!:(

Oh, I should have said:
Thankfully no-one injured, no police etc. I managed to scrub off most of my speed.
It was reading some of the other forum members' experience with other parties not admitting liability lost me some sleep last week though

I had a test drive in an ML250 and it was far better than I expected. Unless they have changed the engine significantly in a year, it just shows how much the increased insulation and different mountings(?) of the bigger car can make a difference. Really missing v6 engine already!:(
The 4-pot diesel installation in the W204 is nowhere near as refined as it is in the W212 (or the W205, for that matter). Just shows you that it's as much down to the installation as it is the engine!

Sorry to hear of your collision, btw.

Thanks, well over 20 years since last bump.

Thankfully not on my insurance record (remains to be seen at next renewal)

I will test drive an ml350 maybe, but was impressed with ml250 in most respects. Not as fast, but I can live with that in the ML, I need to discover what active rollbars vs airmatic difference to ride control makes

That should be a new thread though

So good I bought a second C Class CDI Estate

I'm now the proud owner of an 18 month old C350 CDI Estate but can't bear to part with my 15 year old C220 CDI Estate, so I'm keeping both. I'm thinking of re-mapping the ECU on the C350 once the manufacturers warranty is up. Any comments?

I'm now the proud owner of an 18 month old C350 CDI Estate but can't bear to part with my 15 year old C220 CDI Estate, so I'm keeping both. I'm thinking of re-mapping the ECU on the C350 once the manufacturers warranty is up. Any comments?
Yes. With approx 310bhp it's fast as hell !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom