Don`t you just hate shill bidding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

d w124

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
w124 3.6AMG styling E320 S124 Lorinser styling
This ended earlier today eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Re-listed not long after 1989 MERCEDES 500 SEC AUTO FULL ZENDER BODYKIT AMG ALLOYS & STEERING 40,000MILES | eBay

Why not set a reserve the first time round :wallbash::wallbash: yet he says this on the advert

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]£100 non refundable deposit is required after auction ends contact to be made asap otherwise vehicle will be offered to next highest bidder and a dispute raised[/FONT]

Any auction where the identities are kept private is a non starter.
I only ever snipe at auctions as leaving an earlier bid is leaving yourself open to shill bidding.

Any auction where the identities are kept private is a non starter.
I only ever snipe at auctions as leaving an earlier bid is leaving yourself open to shill bidding.

Agreed.
It means I miss some, but I only ever bid in the last minute.

That seller has garnered some atrocious feedback comments. Scary.

I've never understood the 'no reserve' auction and then shill bidding to get the price up; if it doesn't sell for what you want it to, it costs £10 to relist it yet a reserve is £7.99 iirc.

That feedback is quite bad...

Trotters Independent Traders!

I like this one....

Blatent fake MOT,wheels bearing gone,death trap, beware!!! ruth2276 ( 65) 28-Sep-06 20:14

Reply by www-hmc-co-uk (16-Oct-06 18:49):
WOT A LOSER - THE CHAP CHECKED THE COMPLETE VEHICLE B4 HE BOUGHT IT! BEWARE!!!

As a dealer you really don't want people who check the vehicle out before buying it!!

I've never understood the 'no reserve' auction and then shill bidding to get the price up; if it doesn't sell for what you want it to, it costs £10 to relist it yet a reserve is £7.99 iirc.

It costs 25p to list anything with a start price from £5 to £14.99
eBay.co.uk fees for private sellers

Insertion fees

Auction-style insertion fees

Category
Starting price
Insertion fee
All categories, except those listed below
£0.01 - £0.99
Free *

£1.00 - £4.99
£0.15

£5.00 - £14.99
£0.25

£15.00 - £29.99
£0.50

£30 - £99.99
£1

£100 or more
£1.30

The minimum reserve price is £50 for any item. Insertion fees & final value fees change for items with a reserve.
eBay.co.uk fees for private sellers

Reserve prices must be set at £50 or more.

It costs 25p to list anything with a start price from £5 to £14.99

Sorry, I was thinking of motors, it costs us £17.99 to put a van on with £7.99 of that being the reserve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom