Don't panic mr mannering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark.t

Banned
Car
E300 td tomtom sat nav in car dvd
Fire preparations at the Buncefield site "were exact and worked very well", Hertfordshire's fire chief has said.
Responding to union claims firefighters were "woefully prepared" for the depot blaze, Roy Wilsher said crews trained a the site six times in the past year.

I find it hard to believe that a union would point the finger at fire-fighters I would assume that this was directed at the fire service Management .the man or women holding the hose has my upmost respect (no puns please).. fire-fighters do not hold budgets or indeed have much say in what is required and in what quantity and where it is kept,but are expected to be able to use it to the max, there must be consultative groups but it all comes down to money,but this should come out of the remapped civil defence fund. and used for mutual aid as it was, this could have been a terrorist attack....the question I am going to ask is do we as a nation feel safe, we have had our fair share of activity over the past 35 years or so, in the present climate we have battened down the hatches and we know to what lengths these terrorist will go to...to kill...what do we think should we be looking at, worst case scenarios, or expected worse case scenarios there is a differance we know they favour multiple targets and are we as prepared as we think we are I look forward to the answers

Regards mark

Last edited:
yes I believe it was, he corrected people many times during the show thanks for that scumbag obviously we can see the main issue has been clarified .... we can all rest easy, maybe its to close to Christmas ;) to think of such things ....minds full of mistletoe and wine

Wilson! Wilson!

Where is that man whenever you need him?

mark.t said:
yes I believe it was, he corrected people many times during the show thanks for that scumbag obviously we can see the main issue has been clarified .... we can all rest easy, maybe its to close to Christmas ;) to think of such things ....minds full of mistletoe and wine

You can be assured you can rest easy. We are here all night just in case something goes wrong!

as for the bigger picture of feeling safe...contact your local council and ask to be appraised of their emergency planning commitee. they have one. The meet to discuss all those kinds of issues and plan what they have got in place, what they need, what they can afford, and what happens if it fails on the day. The hard part for the people on these commitees, is getting anyone to listen to them. Unfortunately, a big event usually jogs people along for a while and then they stop giving the money to them and it goes on big parties for visisting dignitries from prospective twinning towns from other countires, etc or cleaning wheelie bins of something....

you clearly have your finger on the pulse, and are shrouded in fog that is created to desensitise the issues ....its all working brilliantly thank you for your responses text book. the term mushrooms springs to mind............and as for contacting the council god is that the best you can do ....they are not any part of any emergency planning outside of correcting undulating flag stones and traffic calming.....

Actually, being in a constant state of immediate readiness for the worst peacetime fire in Europe since WWII would probably be a significant waste of resources.

PLANNING what should be done in the event of a fire is another thing, and I have no doubt that there was a contingency plan to deal with it.

Someone might ask (under the Freedom of Information Act) exactly how many incidents the Fire Service in the whole of the UK attend each week, then compare that with the number of incidents the Cops attend in, say, Torquay in the same period...

Firefighting has to about planning to deal with the incident, being on an appropriate state of readiness, but not wasting money on what only happens once every 50+ years.

For what it is worth (and it is always easy to look at these things in hindsight) I think they did well. They got lucky (Sunday) but sometimes you are with these things. I am sure they learn some lessons, but lets not knock 'em.

If you want to find the last bastion of Union sharp practice, see the FBU - "We are going on strike" "Again".

:eek:

Swiss Toni said:
Actually, being in a constant state of immediate readiness for the worst peacetime fire in Europe since WWII would probably be a significant waste of resources.

Firefighting has to about planning to deal with the incident, being on an appropriate state of readiness, but not wasting money on what only happens once every 50+ years.

For what it is worth (and it is always easy to look at these things in hindsight) I think they did well. They got lucky (Sunday) but sometimes you are with these things. I am sure they learn some lessons, but lets not knock 'em.
Could not agree more

I guess that means you disagree with...

Swiss Toni said:
If you want to find the last bastion of Union sharp practice, see the FBU - "We are going on strike" "Again".

:D :crazy:

And not quoting

Swiss Toni said:
Someone might ask (under the Freedom of Information Act) exactly how many incidents the Fire Service in the whole of the UK attend each week, then compare that with the number of incidents the Cops attend in, say, Torquay in the same period...

Suggests you might already know the answer too? :D

Swiss Toni said:

in real time it is the exact opposite...we have to be ready and we call it business as usual....they have the equipment but if you read my first thread it was asking the question are we ready ......

mark.t said:
in real time it is the exact opposite...we have to be ready and we call it business as usual....they have the equipment but if you read my first thread it was asking the question are we ready ......

Appropriately ready.

Not 100 units (why are they all called Dennis?) (Actually Dennis or Simon?) sat outside the petrol depot.

"Business as usual" means being ready to call on resources, not actually DOING anything (Volleyball anyone?) - hence the comparison of the whole of the UK against the Cops in a single quiet (ish) town.

But with a plan to deal with the worst should it happen (OK, WHEN it happens...).

Nice chaps the Fire Brigade.

:D

Swiss Toni said:

But with a plan to deal with the worst should it happen (OK, WHEN it happens)

ok so as i said do we deal with worst case scenario ....or expected worse case scenario and business as usual is nothing like sitting around playing volleyball ....there is shopping as well, and cleaning my car ...

Last edited:
Swiss Toni said:
That would be "Table Volleyball" - a different game entirely.

if your quoting me at least get the quote correct :crazy: all you do is press a bloody button but you failed at that :p ......and no it is not table volley ball, its armchair volley ball if you must , and sitting is a important part :cool:

Ha ha hah hahahahahahahahahahahha Bonk

"Last edited by mark.t : Today at 09:26 PM. "

Erm

You edited after I quoted. I win. (Table Quoteball Rules FBU Rules)

all i did was highlight in red your error you win zero shady by name eh swizz

Last edited:
mark.t said:
all i did was highlight in red your error you win zero shady by name eh swizz

"Last edited by mark.t : Today at 09:42 PM. "

Thats 2-0 to me.

If it sounds like a stupid rule made up on the spot by some daft outfit, then that'll be "The FBU Rule".

Swiss Toni said:
"Last edited by mark.t : Today at 09:42 PM. "

Thats 2-0 to me.

If it sounds like a stupid rule made up on the spot by some daft outfit, then that'll be "The FBU Rule".

yawn.......

mark.t said:
ok so as i said do we deal with worst case scenario ....or expected worse case scenario and business as usual is nothing like sitting around playing volleyball ....there is shopping as well, and cleaning my car ...

just felt like adding....31st may this year...whilst sitting about waiting for the unexpected after traning for the unexpected...we deicided to play and game of volleyball, for team sprirt, fitness etc......and you will just never guess who went to hospital in an ambulance with 2, yes 2 broken legs......so volleyball is not only a dangerous game,,,it gives our local ambulance men and women some training in looking after scumbags.....literally

and as for your council not being ready...they are requiered by our glorious governement to create and test contingency plans for your area....they will have details....whether they tell you them or not is a different story...but asking is free...and they will have a emergency planning commitee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom