Door button closures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reggies

Car
C180 Elegance 1995
To lock my car I have to open the back door close the drivers door lean in the back, press the drivers door button down (this will lock that door then press the back door button in.
Now I know I have some problems but I could live with just when the drivers door is open I press the button on the door down but it will not go down, only go's down if the door is pushed shut.
Key fob don't work in fact I can not get the key in the drivers door.
I have been leaving it unlocked.

What year is the car?

If you sit in the car, with the ignition on, can you lock/unlock ALL doors with the switch on the dash?

Will the key blade fully enter the door lock?

Try squiring some WD40 or penetrating oil into drivers door keyhole, can take a while to release a seized up lock. The key blade will turn a ¼ turn to the right or left when freed up, it’s almost certain it is just seized due to lack of use.

If that doesn’t free it up then you can try removing the lock and try again with oil.

Dec

524736d1372760765-door-lock-doorlock.jpg

Last edited:
Dec, the year of my car is 1995.

Will try the switch on dash.

Will the key blade fully enter the door lock? No it looks like a red bit of plastic is stuck in the lock.

I have tried WD40 when I first got the car but will give it another go.

I will have to pick up some courage before I remove the lock, but if all else fails.

Thanks for all the suggestions Dec

If there is plastic inside the key hole then the key wont go in until its removed, would you be able to fish it out, if not, then you will need to dismantle the door lock to get the plastic out see here… W202 Ignition key won?t turn past 1 or 2 | Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

Is there a lock in the passenger’s door handle, if there is, then you can swap over the passenger side lock to the drivers side. You will need to knock out pin 1 & 2 as illustrated below to make the swap.

A swap would be easiest solution.

Dec

Doorlock.jpg

]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom