Door illumination upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Markssl

I bought a set of these on eBay for £7. I kinda like them. I think.
9a430cfecdc3d26d1bd56ef5b3775a29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they divide opinions. I'm indifferent really, neither liking or hating, though probably wouldn't have them on my own car.

They certainly stand out on the picture above though and, if you like them, then great. Especially for that price. :)

I think they divide opinions. I'm indifferent really, neither liking or hating, though probably wouldn't have them on my own car.

They certainly stand out on the picture above though and, if you like them, then great. Especially for that price. :)

Well it’s a bit of discreet customisation. And a bit tacky at the same time. I can always change them back in minutes. [emoji851]

They come as standard on some of the newer models I think. I’ve looked at them but unsure if I like them or not! Like you say for £7 you can’t go wrong.

I have a slightly different type - without the outer circle, so less prominent.
Had a set for well over a year, and the they lose focus a bit, so replaced them recently.
The new ones are facing out, just like the OEM types Andy mentioned above.
I think they're fun ;)

35874519993_5b7f81071f_o.jpg

Last edited:
If I’d have put the AMG ones on you’d need a lot more popcorn!!! Lol

AMG ones you say??? Hmmm.....

Reactions: Ted
44f881bcfac58435d71043a21ea2f3c8.jpg

Like these. :) Still can’t make my mind up if I like them or not, but can’t be bothered looking for the original ones which I put somewhere “safe” in the garage!

Haha exactly!!!

I just bought the AMG ones, cheap enough but oh so tacky, think I will resort to original lights, drunken purchase off ebay , never a good trait...

44f881bcfac58435d71043a21ea2f3c8.jpg

Like these. :) Still can’t make my mind up if I like them or not, but can’t be bothered looking for the original ones which I put somewhere “safe” in the garage!

Hope those are are on a proper AMG!!!!

how are these powered?

They’re plug and play. Prise out the existing light unit unplug, then replace with new one. It’s virtually the same unit but with the addition of a lens with the image. Simples!!!

They’re plug and play. Prise out the existing light unit unplug, then replace with new one. It’s virtually the same unit but with the addition of a lens with the image. Simples!!!

how do I know if my car supports this?

and what are these called so I can look them up on ebay? :)

Well it’s a bit of discreet customisation. And a bit tacky at the same time. I can always change them back in minutes.
emoji851.png

That's pretty much how I feel about them ... tacky but fun ! I'm far to embarrassed to put them on mine but they have been in my eBay shopping basket since September.

Go on get them. If you’re embarrassed do what I do - climb out the window.

I might test it by painting the logo on the ground so it looks like i have them, i don't like them i'll park a few space over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom