door interior courtesy lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigdom1957

Car
mercedes 220d cdi
strange im sure im sure ive seen my door lights show bright red whenthe door is open , i bought new ghost lights with merc logo ,went to fit them but the light i took out had bulbs in them but could not find wireing to them ie plug looked inside with torch but nothing , can anyone solve this ,when you do youtube the guy pops the light takes cable of and replugs new ones in sorted ,

my 204 Coupe didnt have the puddle lights wired up either so I wired them up myself, I didnt wire them to the door module as Merc do because this meant having them programmed in to using the wiring diagram for the door I wired them to the door switch and to the incoming power supply

see link

Puddle lights again

hi seems feckin mad what merc do, looked at your link going to have to give it a go , looked on youtube and the guy took the whole card off , thanks a bunch mate

204 coupe only has working lights (and wires) if you have the interior lighting pack. The door cards always have the holes for them though. Not the same on saloon/estate/etc though
R

my 204 Coupe didnt have the puddle lights wired up either so I wired them up myself, I didnt wire them to the door module as Merc do because this meant having them programmed in to using the wiring diagram for the door I wired them to the door switch and to the incoming power supply

see link

Puddle lights again
hi again my puddle lights came , i went to mercedes and asked them if they had elec conectors he came back and said no you would have to buy loom then bring it in and do the computer thing , aye right itll be a snowey day in hell when that happens me thinks, well anyway i went to an auto elec and said all this to him ,he game me 2 conectots to the pins in puddle lights and cable and metal pins , i had to soldier them up and fitted to light ,stuck them on a 6volt battery and hey presto they work , ive had a look at the door card and theres a triangle section at the front of the door card that exposes the wires and going by the link to pics you told me i still have to piggy back the wires in , but waiting on a better day , bye and thanks for advice , ive allways said theres allways some bright erse out there that know the cheep way around things ,

see link

Puddle lights again
jon i wired up drivers side but when i started on other side , i soldierd into the big brown wire and other small wire but it didnt work are the cables the same colour on passenger side

hi all anyone been following this , when doing left side its the red with white stripe cable not brown othe cable is same as right door

when I did mine, the wires were the same colours in both doors so I guess it may depend on what other options the cars have but the wires will be the same pin locations in the plugs on the door module

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom