1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

Driver door lock failing

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by Rerh, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Rerh

Rerh New Member

Car:
    GL320
    My car's driver door locks with the central locking from the key fob. However, if you pull the door handle to its full extent, the door bolt pops up and you can open the door. The alarm goes off but it's still a big worry. My car is a GL 320 (07 plate). Has anyone else come across the same problem / identified how to fix it?
    Many thanks for any thoughts / suggestions.

2. makam pete

makam pete New Member

Car:
    R320 Sport
    Rerh did u manage to sort? mines doing this too :(

3. PobodY

PobodY Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK350 Sport, Nissan GTiR
    You don't have keyless entry by any chance?

My father's Landcruiser does something like this, and I've seen a Mondeo do it too; if you've got the keys with you the door unlocks on touching the handle.
    So if you lock the door, then test the handle it unlocks the car again.

Try leaving the keys inside, then going to open the car; you might find it won't unlock on touch.

4. makam pete

makam pete New Member

Car:
    R320 Sport
    i dont think so, alrhough only had car 3 weeks n never noticed. will give it a shot

5. makam pete

makam pete New Member

Car:
    R320 Sport
    so ive tried locking with fob and leaving keys in house. went to pull handle and it unlocks :( any ideas people before i book it in