Driverless Cars and the Law.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All production stopped on driver less cars in the USA due to a women being mowed down and killed by a driver less car.

Would it just brake to avoid a collision or swerve as well, taking to a grass verge for example, I wonder if it would be intelligent enough to make those sort of decisions
That's an easier decision than choosing to mow into mother with pram or group of small school children if neither could be avoided.

All production stopped on driver less cars in the USA due to a women being mowed down and killed by a driver less car.
I read that yesterday. Who is responsible for the death of the cyclist, you cant sue a car! The othef issue is who is reponsible for the accident? It might be that tge car had no time to stop due to the cyclists error but there are no witnesses.

I read that yesterday. Who is responsible for the death of the cyclist, you cant sue a car! The othef issue is who is reponsible for the accident? It might be that tge car had no time to stop due to the cyclists error but there are no witnesses.
There's bound to be camera footage from the onboard systems.

Uber is 'likely' not at fault in the fatal self-driving car crash, local police chief says

"There is video of the crash, which investigators are examining but not been released to the public. "It’s very clear it would have been difficult to avoid this collision in any kind of mode (autonomous or human-driven) based on how she came from the shadows right into the roadway," Moir said. Police have previously said Herzberg was not using a crosswalk."

Sylvia Moir, police chief in Tempe, Ariz., "I won’t rule out the potential to file charges against the (backup driver) in the Uber vehicle."

The thing is if you don't want to drive, then get a bus, taxi or train

Could you be charged with theft or would you just be aiding and abetting?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sylvia Moir, police chief in Tempe, Ariz., "I won’t rule out the potential to file charges against the (backup driver) in the Uber vehicle."

Is there a worse job than being a backup driver in an autonomus car.

Think about the difference between country road driving where you are involved and occupied compared to the boredom of motorway driving. Then think of being a backup driver. He has my sympathy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom