Driving gloves...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WDB124066

MB Enthusiast
Car
1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
I'm after a pair of decent [stylish] driving gloves, in cognac leather with crème woven fishnet fabric bits. Anybody got a really nice looking pair they could recommend please, I’m over looking at all the bog standard boring designs, I wanted something a bit more upmarket I suppose....

Took me ages to find a pair to match my cravat.

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

I've grown my hair long over summer to deal with the bleeding ear lobes so I don't need one of those, but sweaty palms, in 32 Deg C ambient, roof down chasing down those Ducati's starts becoming a problem. Then again I suppose you don't know about that.... :):)

Don't need driving glasses Bruce, good drivers won't wear them.

Driving gloves are essential in an open topped classic car with bakelite or wood steering wheel. You get considerably more grip and your hands keep warm.

I'm not quite sure about a W124 convertible though!

Driving gloves are essential in an open topped classic car with bakelite or wood steering wheel. You get considerably more grip and your hands keep warm.

I'm not quite sure about a W124 convertible though!

It is the sweaty hands that become uncomfortable and dangerous after a while, The AC will cool them but the sweat still pours out. I've got some decent welding gloves to use in the meantime.

Cotton backing is best I think because you can wipe your brow, I think they need to be washable too for obvious reasons. Tall order I know, but someone is bound to be making these....

One of my stringbacks ended up in the washing machine - totally ruined the leather. I suggest all cotton - like these.

Thanks for that Charles, might get two pair, one all cotton as you suggest and a pair of these with cotton backing. I wonder if the cotton ones will slip a little...??

Fingerless Driver - Greycar - fingerless driving glove, fingerless gloves, fingerless driving gloves,DRIVING GLOVES, gents driving gloves, leather driving gloves. pittards leather. driving gloves. mens driving gloves, ladies driving gloves, driving g

I can always hand wash them at the end of the day and hit the leather with Leatherique.

I'm just getting sick and tired of having to pull over at Servo's to wash my hands all the time. Grrrr.

Here you go.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom