Driving licence changes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
..... as of January 1st 2015 counterpart may be destroyed if you wish.

I'd have to find it first - I haven't seen it (or needed it) for years!

Has the government done a CO2 risk assessment of the burning of all these counterparts?
I demand a public consultation and a 1000 page hardback printed report for me to read at my leisure.

The 'sheet of shame' is going, is it? When the new style licences were introduced, my response to 'the paper part two will be retained' was not complimentary….21st century tech and thinking combined with 19th century bureaucracy and thinking.

I know where my licence is, but I haven't looked at it for well over 20 years ... When I last changed address.
I can only guess what a "counter-part" is !!
I suspect my non-photo version doesn't have such a thing.

renault12ts said:
Hope it's not out of date.

Lol! I've got the photocard in my wallet, it's just the paper bit that's AWOL

How will MB look up your record when issuing a courtesy car, if you don't have the counterpart or hire car companies in countries outside of the UK?

How will MB look up your record when issuing a courtesy car, if you don't have the counterpart or hire car companies in countries outside of the UK?

The first time I hired a car in Indonesia I was worried as I had forgotten to take my counterpart with me. I stopped worrying as they didn't even ask for my licence let alone the counterpart...... then I thought about it.... and started worrying again, but for a different reason :)

In my experience you only need your counterpart in the UK. It's nonsense in the 21st Century.

I agree, none of other countries I have been to are using anything apart from the photocard.

I know where my licence is, but I haven't looked at it for well over 20 years ... When I last changed address.
I can only guess what a "counter-part" is !!
I suspect my non-photo version doesn't have such a thing.

You're license will be out of date.
If I were you I would get it renewed.

It's like a debit card, the actual card expires, it doesn't mean you're not entitled to drive(it's like trying to buy something with an expired debit card) , just your card/licence is worthless.

It could become an issue at some point

You're license will be out of date.
If I were you I would get it renewed.

It's like a debit card, the actual card expires, it doesn't mean you're not entitled to drive(it's like trying to buy something with an expired debit card) , just your card/licence is worthless.

It could become an issue at some point

Paper licences only expire once you are 70 years old.

Photo ID cards have to be renewed every 10 years as the photo no longer looks like the fat, balding & old person you get to be :D

Paper licences only expire once you are 70 years old.

Photo ID cards have to be renewed every 10 years as the photo no longer looks like the fat, balding & old person you get to be :D

I wondered who it could be that looks back at me out of the shaving mirror every morning.

The weird thing is that whenever I go out to gigs and the like these days the audience seems to be full of fat, bald, grey people. Where did they all come from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom