Driving my CL600 bi turbo from Reading to Spain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hagarfriend

Car
CL63 AMG
Hi all,

So I traded my old 2001 CL 600 in against a 2003 CL600 bi turbo and off i go. A few problems concerning ICE module and ignition coild pack and a cooling pump which Star in Reading dealt with superbly i was away.
I got the ferry to Calais and then drove down through France towards Bordeaux with a no toll input to the pratt nav.
I travelled through Tours and Le Mans and stopped overnight in Angouleme. The next day I went to Cognac and had a cognac, then headed to Biarritz for an ice cream on the seafront.
BUT, the real pleasure was the E15 from San Sebastion to Pamplona, what a road. The whole experience was fantastic, the views the ability to travel at a fantastic pace was unforgettable. I think its the best driving experience i have ever had in one of the best cars i have ever had. I averaged 20 .1 mpg for the journey as a whole and no tolls.
£29.00 for the ferry and good value as well.
So I thought i would share this with you all as i know from previous posts how you guys appreciate a good yarn.

i am still in Spain having a nice glass of rioja ( hence the rabbitting) ha ha

Clint

H
BUT, the real pleasure was the E15 from San Sebastion to Pamplona, what a road. The whole experience was fantastic, the views the ability to travel at a fantastic pace was unforgettable.

Have to agree - we did this section in early June and is deffo the best bit of motorway I've ever driven.

How long did that take you?

:)
Awsome, enjoy your stay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom