Dubmeister pressed plates group buy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pharmed

Disclaimer - I am not associated with this company and am gaining NOTHING from this groupbuy, I just want to get pressed plates for cheap :)

I've started this groupbuy on another forum. But I'm extending it to MBUK since we have not managed to get 20 people yet and I am eager to order soon!

What are dubmeister plates?

http://www.dubmeister.co.uk

Groupbuy details

• Minimum of 20 people needed
  • Works out at £26.90 DELIVERED (£20 excluding postage vs rrp of £30 excluding postage)
  • This is for a full set of pressed front AND back reg plates
Delivery times and procedures

• Once I have 20 names I will send the list off to dubmeister
  • They then issue a discount code, which everyone uses to order for themselves off the website
  • So to make it clear, you order directly through dubmeister and they deliver to you
  • They will ship the first batch once at least 10 plates have been confirmed and paid for (to cover their own backs incase a lot of people drop out im guessing...)
Are they legal?

Yes - 100% legal.
Any questions? Ask me!

Right, so lets get the list started. I've put everyone's name who has registered an interest below. To confirm I need you to PM me your Full name and Registration number (Dubmeister require this info before issuing discount codes)

1. Ahmedrsi - Confirmed

Now CLOSED due to lack on interest.

I suspect this would put most people off ...

The DVLA regulations state that we must see ORIGINAL Proof of Identity AND Proof of Entitlement for all Road Legal number plates. See below for the list of acceptable documents. These are regulations imposed by DVLA, and we strongly urge you to use an insured postal option when sending these to us. We will then return these documents with your order via recorded delivery. Please note we are unable to manufacture or despatch your legal plates without this important documentation.

Proof of Identity (one from the following)
Driving Licence - any Country
Bank/Building Society Statement
Electricity, Gas, Water Bill or Landline telephone, Council Tax bill
Passport - any Country
Credit/Debit card issued by a Bank or Building Society only
Police Warrant Card
Armed Forces Identity Card
National Identity Card

Proof of Entitlement (one from the following)
Registration Document (V5C) preferred
Tear off slip from V5C (V5C/2)
Authorisation Certificate (V948) - PLEASE NOTE : This Certificate is valid for six weeks from the date of issue, It is a temporary authorisation to purchase number plates. It enables the keeper to buy plates and use the vehicle in advance of receipt of the V5C/V5C(NI) which might take a couple of weeks to arrive. Please therefore ensure your Certificate is valid before forwarding to us.
Certificate of Entitlement to a Mark (V750)
Cherished Transfer Retention Document (V778)
Vehicle Licence Renewal (V11)
Temporary registration Certificate (V379)
Authorisation slip from DVLA Local Office with official DVLA stamp
Copy of the schedule of vehicles supplied by a hirer/leasing company under the hire contract agreement together with a letter of authority on company headed notepaper. This letter must quote the V5C document reference number.

BTB 500 - I should have posted this, they accept all documents as scanned copies via e-mail. The documents they require are the same that anywhere in the UK would ask for before making plates and they are a legit company with tonnes of good feedback all over the web.

They accept scanned copies of documents by email?

I suspect that isnt what the DVLA specify as adequate proof.... anyone with basic photoshop skills will be able to mock this up.

If they accept scanned copies, then they are breaching DVLAs regulations, and as such are making "show plates" for "off road use only".

In which case, they may as well not ask for the scans in the first place!

They also seem to be closed until the 13th of September.

That said... if they accept scanned copies...

I couldn't find it on their site, but do they do 4x4 plates? (i.e. front being a normal plate and the rear being a thinner/taller plate with the letters on 2 lines?)

If so, put me down for one; I'm tired of replacing the plastic ones on the Shogun... they keep cracking when I go offroad!

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom