Dunlop BlueResponse Sport- the first impressions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
Having felt that the rear of the C320 was not as stable over poor surfaces as it once was, and, in addition to lower grip, there was a very noticeable increase in both road noise and harshness with an unpleasant droning on some surfaces, particularly motorways, I decided that it was time for fresh rubber.

The Michelin Primacy tyres had worn down to 2.8m, this is the second set of Michelin tyres I have had in succession and both have behaved in the same way as they wear, both time the rears have covered around 14,000 miles before showing these traits. The front Michelin are still around 5mm so will stay for now

Reading a few reviews (with the usual range of opinions) settled me on the new Dunlop Blue Response Sport, it achieved an A rating for wet weather grip and good scores also in dry grip and in both it's energy efficiency and noise rating.

I bought via Blackcircles (a totally simple and stress free process) although Tyreleader were quoting a slightly lower price. Tyreleader had a 48-72 hour delivery not including the weekend and it suited me to have them fitted last Friday.

First impressions are of significantly reduced noise , it being very much background rather than foreground and, possibly, not surprisingly with much greater tread depth, a more composed and comfortable ride, in addition all droning is now gone.

Grip seems very good and it the car is noticeably more composed at all speeds and in all conditions, so far I have driven in both dry and wet at around 6 Degrees C and, this morning at minus 2 Degrees C.

It will be interesting to how they compare after similar mileage.

Interesting. Thanks for posting. Running Dunlop Sport Maxx GT XL's at the moment and they appear to be an improvement in all ways over the prior (standard fit) Continentals. While they have a good noise rating, they are still a fairly noisy tyre though - well, the rest of the car is so quiet it's the only thing I do hear :)

Scoob.

As I'd also just decided to go with these tyres, this was a very much appreciated post!
Very many thanks for confirming just about everything I'd read.
Max

As I'd also just decided to go with these tyres, this was a very much appreciated post!
Very many thanks for confirming just about everything I'd read.
Max

You are welcome.

About a 700 miles covered so far in a range of conditions, especially heavy rain and deep standing water, so far they are still performing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom