DVD Headrest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2005anup

Car
W220 S-Class 320 CDI
Hello guys

New to this forum, can I please get some advice please

I want to install some DVD headrests for the kids but would like to see if I can get any power from the seats. I do not need any inputs just install the headrests to power the unit up. If so could I get some advice on how this is done please

Much appreciated

First you have to figure out if your headrests are "active" - i.e part of the safety system otherwise removing them requires some sort of bypass device (resistor) so the airbag system doesn't get upset.

If you have electric seats (which presumably all S classes do) there is a power feed to the seat module. Use that with the correct size fuse very close to where you splice into it. Don't get this wrong, there are lots of moving parts in seats and lots of stuff to burn easily and it is important that the fuse blows if a wire is trapped rather than the cable melting

Richard

Thank you so much Richard

I do have active headrests, but dont have any electrical knowledge. Seems this may be something I should not attempt myself. Do you know of any recommendations around Birmingham

Thanks

Thank you so much Richard

I do have active headrests, but dont have any electrical knowledge. Seems this may be something I should not attempt myself. Do you know of any recommendations around Birmingham

Thanks

Other than a trailing lead, what prevents you from using the 12v supply between the seats (assuming that's where it is)?

Welcome BTW.

Last edited:
First you have to figure out if your headrests are "active" - i.e part of the safety system otherwise removing them requires some sort of bypass device (resistor) so the airbag system doesn't get upset.

Do you have any more info on this please?

I just fitted a pair of Xtrons head rest DVD players today and the SRS errors have come up.

Thanks.

Its safer to fit a single dvd player on the arm rest unit.

8-5-Inch-font-b-Armrest-b-font-font-b-Car-b-font-font-b-DVD.jpg

You can also get clip on iPad mounts (from Mercedes !!)

SRS light. The airbag system monitors the resistance of the solenoids in the "Crash Aktiv Headrests" and if it sees the wrong resistance lights the SRS. Either you have to get them coded out (can be difficult) or have the correct resistor instead of them. I don't know what the correct resistor is to trick it, but ask the supplied of the headrests. (or perhaps google!)
- of course you lose the aktiv headrests and they are very good at preventing whiplash - so you may not want to lose those ...

Cheers

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom