DVD Player in command?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RickyBurrows

Banned
Car
Mercedes e320 cdi sport
I'm not sure which head unit I have in my 2007 211 e320 cdi sport but it's command (whatever that is) and has the SD card slot in the centre, when I play a dvd it goes blank when over 5mph ish but still hear the sound, I know it's there for safety but is there a way to bypass this so I can still see the screen for the kids in back and my missus. Thanks.

Hi,
This is NOT a good topic to discuss on here, there are plenty of threads in the past on here condemning this course of action. As you already know, the non playing of DVDS on the move is a specific safety function. If you really want DVD facilities in the back then just buy a standalone unit and hang it off the rear headrests.

Steve

Hi,
This is NOT a good topic to discuss on here, there are plenty of threads in the past on here condemning this course of action. As you already know, the non playing of DVDS on the move is a specific safety function. If you really want DVD facilities in the back then just buy a standalone unit and hang it off the rear headrests.

Steve

I don't see the point in buying extra screens or even having the one I have on the command if I can't use it over 5mph, I'm aware people might get emotional but I'm just asking if it's possible to do this.

I don't see the point in buying extra screens or even having the one I have on the command if I can't use it over 5mph, I'm aware people might get emotional but I'm just asking if it's possible to do this.

I'm sure there is someone somewhere who is stupid enough to do it and someone else stupid enough to watch whilst driving.

You should hope you never meet either :thumb:.

I'm sure there is someone somewhere who is stupid enough to do it and someone else stupid enough to watch whilst driving.

You should hope you never meet either :thumb:.

Sorry my kids want to watch a film on the way to are holiday while I drive and it offends some people here :) I just can't justify spending money to get screens in the back if I can by pass the one I have in the head unit for a fraction of the price.

Sorry my kids want to watch a film on the way to are holiday while I drive and it offends some people here :) I just can't justify spending money to get screens in the back if I can by pass the one I have in the head unit for a fraction of the price.

Ok, ignoring the stupidity of it, your kids won't be able to see the screen properly/comfortably from their rear seats. The viewing angle is wrong and the screen will be tiny from the back seat.

Also, anyone reasonably high up and behind you (like Mr Plod in his SUV) will be able to see that you're playing a movie whilst driving - it's illegal - does that help at all?

Twin rear set ups are cheap these days.

Last edited:
You may find it more expensive than rear screens in the event that you have to claim on your insurance. I'm led to believe your insurance may be void. If you have an accident, and it's found to be the cause or contributing factor, then it may risk your licence.

You may find it more expensive than rear screens in the event that you have to claim on your insurance. I'm led to believe your insurance may be void. If you have an accident, and it's found to be the cause or contributing factor, then it may risk your licence.

Measured, as usual Rob :cool:.

Ricky, this has been asked and answered many times and either the person asking accepts the reason why its both illegal and dangerous or has a hissy and throws his toys out.

Think about it for a moment to understand why its both illegal and dangerous.

If you have an accident, fault or non fault, and it comes to light you have DVD enabled that is visible to the driver, your insurance will be void, and you will be prosecuted. Do you still think its worth the risk?

Incidentally, I doubt you will find a single MB indy worth his salt that will comply and enable it. They know its illegal too:doh:

Ok, ignoring the stupidity of it, your kids won't be able to see the screen properly/comfortably from their rear seats. The viewing angle is wrong and the screen will be tiny from the back seat.

Also, anyone reasonably high up and behind you (like Mr Plod in his SUV) will be able to see that you're playing a movie whilst driving - it's illegal - does that help at all?

Twin rear set ups are cheap these days.

Well they seem to watch it fine when stationary i think it helps as there on the integrated booster seats, this isn't a thread about is it a good idea or not just seeing if it's possible, thanks for your concern though I feel loved, as for the old bill seeing in limo black privacy glass all round should hide the dvd player ;-) lol.

Ricky, this has been asked and answered many times and either the person asking accepts the reason why its both illegal and dangerous or has a hissy and throws his toys out.

Think about it for a moment to understand why its both illegal and dangerous.

If you have an accident, fault or non fault, and it comes to light you have DVD enabled that is visible to the driver, your insurance will be void, and you will be prosecuted. Do you still think its worth the risk?

Incidentally, I doubt you will find a single MB indy worth his salt that will comply and enable it. They know its illegal too:doh:

I'm not asking is it a good idea, and I'm not throwing my toys out, definitely seems to have woken a few people up though lol, I love this forum.

Cannot believe that £84 at Halfords for a 9'' DVD, or £58 for a 7'' is not cheap enough for you! An Indi , if you could find one, would probably cost you as much . Try using some common sense

Look it's each to their own. Man only asked the question if it was possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they seem to watch it fine when stationary i think it helps as there on the integrated booster seats, this isn't a thread about is it a good idea or not just seeing if it's possible, thanks for your concern though I feel loved, as for the old bill seeing in limo black privacy glass all round should hide the dvd player ;-) lol.

So long as you declare it to your insurance underwrote, along with all your other mods, you'll be fine.

I'm not asking is it a good idea, and I'm not throwing my toys out

So, after reading the reasons not to do it, do you still think its a good idea?

And no, you haven't thrown out the toys.............yet:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom