DVLA - online vehicle info wrong

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roger574

Car
W210 E55 AMG
Has anyone had any experience with the DVLA's online portal showing incorrect details for their car and then getting them corrected?

I've checked out a used MB that I quite fancy buying by putting its registration number into the DVLA's MoT history checker. This showing incorrect info, such as the vehicle's colour, mileage, MoT and RFL statuses being incorrect.

My first thought was that the car might not be genuine but having both contacted the garage and checked out its bona-fides on the forums here, I'm 99.9% sure the issue is with the DVLA.

Assuming all the paperwork checks out and I buy the car, how painful a process is it going to be to get the DVLA to correct their mistake? If this isn't done, I assume I'm going to have every NPR camera I drive past reporting me for having no RFL, MoT and the car being the wrong colour?

Any advice gratefully received!

Roger

I've noticed this recently myself.

A friend owns a lovely A209 CLK350 cabriolet, that was bought after his previous model CLK (230 Kompressor, 208 shape) was written off.

He has a private plate that he used on both cars, and now the MoT history shows some incorrect mileages/test dates as it's coming up with entries from the previous car (!)

Would put me off if I was a potential buyer and didn't know the car as you would assume something wasn't right mileage wise etc despite it being a full history/low mileage/HPI clear car when he bought it.

I had the body style changed at the DVLA for our Vito (it was wrongly recorded as a panel van). No problem at all, in fact I think I did it with just a phone call.

Thanks BTB 500; I'll investigate further as I've only found an instruction to write to the DVLA to correct any errors and I can only imagine how long that will take to sort out! If it can be done over the phone then it might speed things up.

Thanks Will.

Having contacted the garage they know the car so it's probably down to a data entry error somewhere along the way. Or perhaps the car was on a private plate at some point and the errors crept in when it was returned to its original registration.

Hopefully I'll have a better idea of the scale of the corrections when I get to eyeball the V5 and current MoT.

I once knew of a Police Volvo T5 that was listed as a 1.8 diesel. It was quite fast for a 1.8:D

I had issues, my cars mileages were wrong and it had a mot every 6 months ??? I rang Dvla told them that i suspected a Cloned car, Mine being the correct lawful vehicle.

They told me to contact to write a letter explaining the issues and concerns and also to contact Vosa which i did as the mileage discrepancies were not shown on the last mot certificates but shown on the dvla website??

I did the above and after proving the rightful car/reg was mine (over the phone) the issue was corrected within 2 days with no further action required by myself. i hadn't even had time to send the letter off to the dvla.

Thanks merc85.

What I don'the understand is why the previous owner didn'the experience similar issues.

Thanks merc85.

What I don'the understand is why the previous owner didn'the experience similar issues.

I had mine before the database online, so i didnt know until i checked it using the new service, Nothing in my old mot's was incorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom