E 240 T (S210) ( 2000 ) Engine dead while driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

weliam

Car
E240 S210 2000 MODEL
Hi everyone
After I read a lot of posts and I coudn't find what to do.
My car is :
E 240 T ( S 210 ) ( 2000 )
2.4 L , 6 V, petrol

I bought it before one month and was working perfect, I used petrol from used car garage , before 10 days the problem start when I try to start on the car but its cranking without firing , so after many try it work and I drove it just fine , after 2 days the problem become bigger so the car stop when I reduce the speed for exp : when I am in round a bout the engine dead and all the lights are on , and after many many times with trying to start it a gain then its start,
I checked it with the normal scan and the error code are 2 :

1 - Crank shaft sensor
2 - Cam shaft sensor

and the light engine was on.

then I changed the Cam shaft sensor from second hand parts and the engine light turned off.
and I change the Crank shaft sensor from second hand also put the problem still there and I notice when the temp. reach to 80 the car engine dead ( the car stop ) , and I tried to turn it on but its cranking and not firing , then I wait until the temp. go down and then try to switch it on and the car cranking and firing , also I changed the K40 relay from second hand and the problem is same.
the man who scan it has been traveled .
its costly to take the car to the dealer or to one of the workshop here its too expensive here .
Please any one who has same issue or has experience can help me or tell me what to do ?
icon_sad.gif

Best Regards

Buy a proper OEM crank sensor from a dealer. The cheap versions do not last and the one you fitted has failed.
Its possible to do the job yourself with a torx bit and long arms. There are You tube how to's on the internet too.

thank you very much for replay I will check and buy a proper one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom