E Class Best car in the world right now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Best is always going to be subjective ....

Brilliant...

Not sure however if it's legal in the UK to have the engine running (let alone the car driving... ) when there's no one at the driver's seat?

I guess all the sensors and slow advance provide adequate 'control' when summoning one's Tesla?

For Tesla to release the function on UK registered cars it must be legal..

This review seems to hint as such...

Does do a lot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bSoby65Gh8

Sorry embed is not working!!
It has a built-in concierge service as well!? No doubt handy at times. My new S-class doesn't have this afaik [emoji22] though I'm supposing the facelift model will. I took the 220d out for a test drive and it's an incredibly modern, classy experience. Nice touch at the end of the video showing the little bits of hail bouncing off that gleaming paintwork.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Looking at the reviewer, I'm not sure I would rely on his judgement.

Waiting for the Cabrio... next year...

It has a built-in concierge service as well!? No doubt handy at times. My new S-class doesn't have this afaik [emoji22] though I'm supposing the facelift model will. I took the 220d out for a test drive and it's an incredibly modern, classy experience. Nice touch at the end of the video showing the little bits of hail bouncing off that gleaming paintwork.

You will have the concierge gr1nch, my W205 has it :thumb:

Brilliant...

Not sure however if it's legal in the UK to have the engine running (let alone the car driving... ) when there's no one at the driver's seat?

Ummm..... obvious issue is it's not legal to use phone while in control of vehicle. I have an estate on order and have specified this option - can't wait to try it.

Ummm..... obvious issue is it's not legal to use phone while in control of vehicle. I have an estate on order and have specified this option - can't wait to try it.

Good point!

You will have the concierge gr1nch, my W205 has it :thumb:
Thanks Dave for the reassurance. What does the button look like or is it the Info one? I've called that to report a fault and get advice, but they didn't offer to get me theatre tickets or send flowers to my wife!

I have three buttons in mine, one is for mechanical faults (think it's has a spanner on it), one is the concierge (possibly has an "I" can't quite remember), and the other is the sos emergency call which has a flip down protective cover which reveals a red button, all very dramatic!

So in short, yes I think it's the one with the "I" on it :)

"Drivers have to be 'in control' of their vehicle at all times. A motorist has been fined £30 for defrosting his car outside his home because he left it unattended with the engine running"

I guess remote control satisfies the legal requirement of being 'in control'.

Because you're controlling it via the app. As soon as you take your finger off the screen it stops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because you're controlling it via the app. As soon as you take your finger off the screen it stops

Still sounds like a legal minefield.... :D :

Ummm..... obvious issue is it's not legal to use phone while in control of vehicle....

Tbh, there are already remotely controlled vehicles being used on the road. The construction industry uses them all the time. Granted they're not being controlled from a mobile phone, but I guess there's some common sense approach to any offences.

Police officers still have discretion when it comes to most offences.

Still sounds like a legal minefield.... :D :

Evidently not. There's tech in the E Class that's turned off for the U.K., but clearly that is ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom