E Class Estate: Available to test drive with dealers..??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercA

Car
Merc
After narrowly (and luckily…!!!) missed out on an Old E class estate deal few months back, I a very keen test drive new updated model. Not sure any dealers got them for test drive..??

Also when is the best time to get best Merc deals..?? Dec..??

I can see sites like CarW** gives up to 11% reductions on this model. I am looking for bit better than that.

I am after factory order of the spec I want. thanks

carwow offer mad deals, I'll be surprised if a dealer can better it, especially on a factory build.

Regarding test drives, you're likely to like it. See if the numbers stack up how you want through that dealer first then take it for a drive.

CarWow doesn't offer the deals, it simply collates deals from participating dealerships. So you should be able to get the same deal from any dealership, at least from the same franchise.

CarWow doesn't offer the deals, it simply collates deals from participating dealerships. So you should be able to get the same deal from any dealership, at least from the same franchise.

Kind of but not quite.

The people on CarWow are often fleet suppliers who you would normally have no access to as a member of the public entering a dealership.

Our local Audi Dealer, Coulsdon, often quotes the keenest prices on Audi's on CarWow. If you walk into the dealership and mention CarWow the salesmen just say they can't deal with you and you have to communicate via CarWow and arrange an appointment with the fleet guy during office hours (as they only work mon - Fri in the fleet sales side).

Some dealers also choose not to deal with brokers, they will not match the deals being offered.

It's a case of shopping around. However if the OP want's more than 11% off a new car you'll need to wait a while as it's not going to happen an a new incoming model with limited initial supply numbers.

That's certainly not been my experience recently. I have approached numerous dealers after receiving quotes from CarWow, each one has said they will match the offers. Audi were in fact the most accommodating!

That's certainly not been my experience recently. I have approached numerous dealers after receiving quotes from CarWow, each one has said they will match the offers. Audi were in fact the most accommodating!

Maybe they've changed the MO recently.

My wifes cousin is Business Manager at Audi Swidon. Even with friends and family discounts he still can't (or won't) supply at CarWow prices. So it seems quite dealer specific.

If you mean Audi Swindon, very strange as that's the very dealership I contacted. They agreed to match the CarWow offer (the original offer was with another dealer in the same group) the salesman didn't hesitate!

If you mean Audi Swindon, very strange as that's the very dealership I contacted. They agreed to match the CarWow offer (the original offer was with another dealer in the same group) the salesman didn't hesitate!

Yup Audi Swindon, we have a family member there and he won't match CarWow prices, we've tried on a number of occasions and bought elsewhere.

How much more are you saving out of interest?

I bet you're flavour of the month buying elsewhere from a family member!

How much more are you saving out of interest?

I bet you're flavour of the month buying elsewhere from a family member!

He simply said he couldn't match it, so we bought elsewhere. It never got any further than that, it didn't even get to discussing figures as he said he couldn't get close to what we were being quoted.

My experience when I was after a hatchback for partner.

My local MB dealer didn't encourage CarWoW, but next town dealer did and I made a factory order from them. 3-4 months back when I was looking for E Class estate, again same dealer matched lowest price carwow price I got from North east dealer (Finally i didn't get that car though..!)

Two Audi dealers I was talking both were ready to match CarWow price, same in the case of Mazda.

My experience when I was after a hatchback for partner.

My local MB dealer didn't encourage CarWoW, but next town dealer did and I made a factory order from them. 3-4 months back when I was looking for E Class estate, again same dealer matched lowest price carwow price I got from North east dealer (Finally i didn't get that car though..!)

Two Audi dealers I was talking both were ready to match CarWow price, same in the case of Mazda.

I have to say this seems to have changed quite a lot in the last few months.

As a result of this thread I logged in to CarWow and specced an Audi S6 Avant Black Edition, which is our car of choice for replacing the E next year.

I got quotes from two dealers who previously had said they didn't want/didn't need to deal with CarWow/brokers.

Maybe the playing field has changed and I need to call Cousin Daniel again.

My E350 Night Edition was a price match from CarWow, local dealership were not overly keen though but as my model was the last of a few S212 available they did match the price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps it was the end of an accounting period and that one last sale was going to help them meet a target .

I would imagine that a dealer might make a decision not to supply CARWOW but could still price match on an individual deal.

CarWow doesn't handle the cars, they simply collate the offers. You do the deal with the dealership, as it's their offer.

Presumably CarWow get commission for putting you together.

the Volvo V90 estate is so much more stylish than the new E class estate, which looks petite at the rear

CarWow doesn't handle the cars, they simply collate the offers. You do the deal with the dealership, as it's their offer.

Presumably CarWow get commission for putting you together.

I knew that I'd phrased that wrong. I think that the word I should have used was 'fulfil' rather than 'supply'. :eek:

the Volvo V90 estate is so much more stylish than the new E class estate, which looks petite at the rear

I agree...but with a woeful rang of engines in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom