E class with 9G gearbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for that. Pictures would be great.
Mine will definitely be the 9G as it's on my order.

The dealer gave me Starguard in the deal so I'm hoping this will help. Not sure if it's any good though.
No prob.

PM me an e-mail address and I'll send you half a dozen.

Failing that, give me a day or two and I'll upload to Photobucket and post here.

I've also ordered with 9G, placed order end of July with ETA of 4th October. Palladium silver with porcelain and black ash trim. 9G now standard on E350 if you use the configurator.

I've also ordered with 9G, placed order end of July with ETA of 4th October. Palladium silver with porcelain and black ash trim. 9G now standard on E350 if you use the configurator.

I've gone with the porcelain and black carpets with Walnut wood. Got a date of 10th November but they said it will probably be earlier.

I've gone with the porcelain and black carpets with Walnut wood. Got a date of 10th November but they said it will probably be earlier.

I've also opted for the dynamic suspension which gives me the best of both worlds I hope rather than just the sports suspension.
Has anyone tried both.

Sorry for the delay. Here's mine with all porcelain and black ash but also the excellent MB rubber mats. SE Leather seats rather than the black fake leather AMG versions. It looks just as good today one year on. I'd pick the mats with any colour - been worth their weight in gold. You used to be able to get grey mats for LHD but not in UK. Maybe it's changed now.

I really didn't like the look of grey/black with the black centre console and roof, but I guess your black boot carpet will last better!

Interior_zps4e9c41b8.jpg

IMG_0438_zps7b50455c.jpg

IMG_0445_zps8a3b080d.jpg

RearRight_zps9535e4d0.jpg

I too thought about the dynamic suspension, 'cos my old car was like rock. But the sports suspension is plenty soft enough and the car just wafts along. I've got the dynamic seats though, and they're a hoot and a half. :bannana:

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics. Looks fantastic. I've already got a new set off MB rubber mats for it which I got for £15 on eBay from a MB dealership that had loads to get rid off. Don't quite fit my current model on the drivers side but serve a purpose. Do
Do you know where the Adblue fill up point is.

Thanks for the pics. Looks fantastic. I've already got a new set off MB rubber mats for it which I got for £15 on eBay from a MB dealership that had loads to get rid off. Don't quite fit my current model on the drivers side but serve a purpose. Do
Do you know where the Adblue fill up point is.

It's in the boot, where the spare wheel would sit and the tank is massive. There's instructions in the handbook but I've not gone rooting around for it yet.

You get something like 10 starts warning when it runs out before the car crosses its arms and refuses to budge. But at least you can top up without needing to plug a box of tricks in. I saw a quote from an Audi A6 driver who was complaining his had run out at just over 6.5k. but hopefully MB averages better than that.

It's supposed to be swapped completely out at 20k to avoid old stuff crystallising and blocking the works. Something else to make Service B even pricier.

2011-mercedes-benz-e350-bluetec-adblue-tank-photo-368809-s-1280x782.jpg

It's in the boot, where the spare wheel would sit and the tank is massive. There's instructions in the handbook but I've not gone rooting around for it yet.

You get something like 10 starts warning when it runs out before the car crosses its arms and refuses to budge. But at least you can top up without needing to plug a box of tricks in. I saw a quote from an Audi A6 driver who was complaining his had run out at just over 6.5k. but hopefully MB averages better than that.

It's supposed to be swapped completely out at 20k to avoid old stuff crystallising and blocking the works. Something else to make Service B even pricier.

2011-mercedes-benz-e350-bluetec-adblue-tank-photo-368809-s-1280x782.jpg
A couple of questions as mine is on order.
Is there no spacesaver then? How often does it need to be topped up and more importantly how much does it cost!

They told me it should last between services up to 15000. Cost is £57 for them to fill it. I've looked on YouTube and there a good suggestion on there. Buy 1 bottle which has the special filler neck on then cut the bottom of it to use as a funnel.

A couple of questions as mine is on order.
Is there no spacesaver then? How often does it need to be topped up and more importantly how much does it cost!
Tin of gunk and an electric pump. Just like a Honda Civic. At least you won't be on your hands and knees in the rain trying to figure out where the jacking point is.

That's a nice looking car, how did you get the full porcelain I thought the only option was porcelain/black?

I've just had a chat with my dealer about the new 9 speed gearbox and he's informed me it's 6 cylinder cars only.

The power output of the 4 pots doesn't warrant the extra gears.

Does that tie up with what others have been told?

That's a nice looking car, how did you get the full porcelain I thought the only option was porcelain/black?
Standard E350 AMG is fake black leather with no option colours. But I wanted the dynamic seats with massage, so I had to have the leather SE seats, which gave me the full choice of colours. It worked well for me, I found the AMG seats a bit too firm for my liking on a test drive anyway.

Options are porcelain/black or porcelain/grey. I got the benefit of a lighter roof lining as well, but the grey boot carpet and tailgate needs a bit of watching out for.

I've just had a chat with my dealer about the new 9 speed gearbox and he's informed me it's 6 cylinder cars only.

The power output of the 4 pots doesn't warrant the extra gears.

Does that tie up with what others have been told?

Yes that's correct. Only the E350 will be getting the 9G. The S class Coupe is also getting it. All the AMG's get it next year.

I've been given a build date of early November. They said it could be earlier.

I've done 38K in 14 months so had two services with their service plan. The blue lasted between services. On the second I asked why they hadn't replaced the blue as specified. They know better than MB design, told it isn't necessary. I didn't push it as I thought if it clogs up I'll be handing it over and telling them to fix it.
I worked in Germany on a BMW filler cap positioned beside the fuel cap. I assumed the Merc didn't have a special neck because the mechanic managed to pour my blue all over the tank and it dries to a white powder. I guess some just don't care as much as they should.

Sorry, just remembered this thread is really about the gearbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom