E220 CDI AMG (2015 Model) - Remap Advice...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

werbster

Car
Mercedes E220 CDI AMG Sport (2015 Model)
Hi Everybody,

I'm currently about to take livery of my new 2015 E220 CDI BlueTec 170BHP and have been looking into the best way about getting the most out of the engine.

My local dealer told me to go for the E220 as its EXACTLY the same as an E250?? How true is this?? From what I have read they are both twin-turbo??

So does this mean that I can get a remap for an E250 and put it in my E220??

Once again thanks for taking an iterest and welcoming me to the MBClub!!!

Kind regards,
Harvey

My local dealer told me to go for the E220 as its EXACTLY the same as an E250?? How true is this??
I believe your dealer speak with fork tongue - or at least that was the case pre-BlueTec engines.

The engines are mechanically identical it's just the map that's different.

So in theory a 220cdi and a 250cdi both end up at the same place after a remap they just start off in slight different states of tune.

I took my car to Eurocharged in Watford earlier this year and they were unable to remap my car. They didn't know why and as far as I'm aware have made no further efforts to find out as I've not had replies to follow up emails and I don't believe they've taken up the offer from other members with 2014 models to see if the issue is replicated.

Mine is a 2014 model E220 cdi Sport.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/performance-lounge/187247-remapping.html

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/performance-lounge/181937-re-map-tuning-box.html

Last edited:
Is that definitely the case?

My understanding was that on the BlueEfficiency engines (i.e. non AdBlu), that the 220 and 250 used different injectors (and different turbos?).

Is that definitely the case?

My understanding was that on the BlueEfficiency engines (i.e. non AdBlu), that the 220 and 250 used different injectors (and different turbos?).

Nope, absolutely identical.

Identical part numbers for the engine bits, I'm reasonably sure another member looked this up on the parts database.

So in theory a 220cdi and a 250cdi both end up at the same place after a remap they just start off in slight different states of tune.

I took my car to Eurocharged in Watford earlier this year and they were unable to remap my car. They didn't know why and as far as I'm aware have made no further efforts to find out as I've not had replies to follow up emails and I don't believe they've taken up the offer from other members with 2014 models to see if the issue is replicated.

Manual or automatic?

Does it make any difference if it's an auto?

Ive got the 2015 model of the E250 CDI and have it booked for a remap with GAD Tuning in Basildon, Essex this coming Tuesday, they say they will increase the bhp by +40 so fingers crossed it all turns out well. Ive heard that the 250 has different injectors too but not sure how true this is

According to the MB data on the website the new E220bluetec is single turbo and the E250 is twin. The engines don't appear to be the same anymore.

Ive got the 2015 model of the E250 CDI and have it booked for a remap with GAD Tuning in Basildon, Essex this coming Tuesday, they say they will increase the bhp by +40 so fingers crossed it all turns out well. Ive heard that the 250 has different injectors too but not sure how true this is

It is true.
220 => injectors map max value 90mg/hub, that means ~500nm torq
250 => 120mg => ~600nm
250 is able to very near 300hp.

It is true.
220 => injectors map max value 90mg/hub, that means ~500nm torq
250 => 120mg => ~600nm
250 is able to very near 300hp.

Is this for the new Bluetec model?

The CDI injectors for the 220 and 250 are the same part number (I think).

Can anyone confirm?

Hi, I see u had a remap by GAD tuning, can you tell me how it is now and how good there are please. Thinking of using them for my c220d 170 bhp 2015.

Regards chris

Sounds about right. Eurocharged Watford were useless when I had made an enquiry on a couple of occasions.

Yes I am fully aware that EC Watford is a member/sponsor on the forum!

According to the MB data on the website the new E220bluetec is single turbo and the E250 is twin. The engines don't appear to be the same anymore.

My 2015 e220 coupe with ad blu is a single turbo. It was at the point when the e250 coupe was discontinued apparently due to being non Euro 6 compliant

Does anyone know a good remapper in the north east of England preferably near Newcastle? I have an A180 cdi!

Hi,

If you get your engine remapped, does it revert back to factory spec when you have it serviced ?
I've just got a 2014 e220 diesel convertible and was thinking of getting it remapped. Any tips ??

Does anyone know a good remapper in the north east of England preferably near Newcastle? I have an A180 cdi!

Big fish tuning in stokesly has a cracking reputation , by all accounts the guys a tuning guru and in fact I'm making the drive down from Glasgow on Friday to get mine remapped ( c220 cdi) , not far from u either. , gad north in South Shields is an option but no dyno and he couldn't do mine ,,,, really! I drove down and basically he never had lead to connect with ecu ,so I left unhappy , the guy Nass is a nice guy but I supplied all details and chassis number so expected him to know what was neede , instead of " sorry mate , I haven't got cable !!!!"
John at bft seems to know his stuff and app he's done loads of my type and knows what's involved ,so presumably it will get done this time , all things considered it seems the best place to go ,Msl in Birmingham is another big name ( with. A dyno) but obv it's even further away for me

Big fish tuning in stokesly has a cracking reputation , by all accounts the guys a tuning guru and in fact I'm making the drive down from Glasgow on Friday to get mine remapped ( c220 cdi) , not far from u either. , gad north in South Shields is an option but no dyno and he couldn't do mine ,,,, really! I drove down and basically he never had lead to connect with ecu ,so I left unhappy , the guy Nass is a nice guy but I supplied all details and chassis number so expected him to know what was neede , instead of " sorry mate , I haven't got cable !!!!"
John at bft seems to know his stuff and app he's done loads of my type and knows what's involved ,so presumably it will get done this time , all things considered it seems the best place to go ,Msl in Birmingham is another big name ( with. A dyno) but obv it's even further away for me

They also do bft at msl . Had my e320cdi done and it's very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom