e240 W210 inlet manifold runner stuck open

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

specialshoe

Hi all

bit of brain picking if I may

2000 V6 petrol E240 - fault codes showing are P2064 and P2004.

I think the 2004 is 'intake manifold runner stuck open' and 2064 is 'reductant supply control circuit high'.

Firstly does anybody know if these codes are right - all the charts seem to suggest correct.

More importantly I think the 'inlet manifold' thing is a flap operated by a small motor in the intake manifold - where is it, can it be got at reasonably easily - and is it worth having a poke at it with wd40 etc to make it live again?

I am guessing the 2064 code is a result of the 2004 as it is a monitoring circuit - or have I guessed this wrongly?

The symptoms are - car drives fine if up to about half throttle is used - boot it and it coughs and cuts out until throttle is backed off, idle speed about 700rpm not the usual 500, fuel consumption about normal.

Probably time I bought a workshop manual - are there any half decent ones that don't just say ' get a bigger hammer' ?

Many thanks in advance for any help forthcoming....

Pretty certain inlet flaps only adjust length of inlet tracts for extra torque at lower rpm both mine and the wifes cars have the same set up and its vacuum operated little black lever easily seen at the front of the inlet manifold.

Cant see it being a cause for misfiring.

Vac actuator circled in red, maf in yellow, later v6/8 have the maf at the back of the vee itself.

Lynall

Last edited:
Alexander excellent link:bannana:

Lynall

Grober not saying its not that but as its only controls the flap and nothing else i cant see it in anyway causing a misfire.

Lynall

Grober not saying its not that but as its only controls the flap and nothing else i cant see it in anyway causing a misfire.

Lynall

Fair enough but I interpreted his post slightly differently from you since at no point does he actually mention a "misfire" :dk:

Dont know what i was thinking off sure i saw the words misfire:doh::doh:

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom