E250TD no turbo wisle/boost, after standing over winter, and total batery discharge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poisas

Hi, I had my merc standing for over 3moth, without touching it, and battery was totaly discharged, replaced the battery, started it up, like it was started a day ago :) but i was drive it and noticed thats no boost, and i'm not hearing turbo spinn, like it was before. Wondering if its in some service/safe/limp mode now ?? what i need to do ?

So i had checked in the service, they tell its that bypass valve controled via vacuum stalled, is this called actuator ? and they were unable to move it anyway. Told the turbo has to be removed, so i was thinking to look myself and knock it gently spray some liquids and see if it comes back to life :D

HI, so i had a check, the wastegate in turbo was stuck, in the service they have tryed to move it, but i was told they cannot, need to remove turbo down, and look, so i refuzed, and done everything my self, lucky i have a neighbour, with the garage with the hole in the floor so i can go under car. I was try to move the actuator leg, and it was realy bad stuck, so i had sprayed along with the some rust spray, gently knocking knocking knocking over 10minutes, and it start to move! :D than back forward, motions, and it come back to life so its fixed. :) Lesson - Never leave your diesel with wastegate turbo, for long time like i did for over 3 month :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom