E280 cdi sport parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevy1

Car
E280 CDI
Hi all I have just bought myself an E280 CDI Sport and love it , paid £5800 so not cheap she has 70k and came with 7 MB service stamps in the booklet however after driving it back from Sheffield she has squeaky brakes which drove me nuts!
The seller told me it had sensitive parktronic and goes off on it's own from time to time, He also told me that the brake pads had been changed so why so loud squeal? So I put it into a Local Mercedes Indy garage for a health check & reveals a few issues,

Front pads not Mercedes,
Front discs worn,
Glow plug 1 faulty,
Oil leak from air intake seals
Play in Nsf top ball joint
Two faulty parking sensors

Rather gutted but I realise these things are sent to try us
She's booked in for the Air intake seals and Glow plug

My question is anyone recommend which aftermarket discs and pads to use as I've been quoted £163 plus tax on top, I know there are loads on ebay but which ones to fit?
Thanks guys

Try ECP. Brembo,, ATE and Pagid etc are available on there

Thanks Bob ,number 1 glow plug & oil leak into airflow jobs 1st.
Then brakes ,after those I'll try to get the parking sensors sorted but indy garage says that's a bigish job :( love the car but because I've only just got her am ****** off that the dealer was more than economical with the truth !
What's new eh?

I doubt aftermarket discs and pads will be much cheaper to be honest. They are the drilled discs on the sport models same brakes as the R230 SL I believe.

Glow plug and air intake seal is a fairly easy DIY job. Top ball joints are straightforward too.

Hi mate is it front or rear parking sensors and is it a saloon or estate on the estate the rear sensors take seconds to change the front you have to remove the bumper, I have 4 Mercedes sensors if you want them p.m me were talk a price delivered I have to that are painted in 775 and the other two are grey I can paint them the correct colour and send them to you if your interested p.m me, congrats on the car hope it all gets sorted.

Merc told me my glow plug 1 was bad. Had it replaced but glow plug light still stayed on for 30 seconds in the morning. Replaced glow plug controller and all was fixed.

Glow plugs are easy to replace , especially number one as nothing has to come off for access. If the indy is replacing the inlet seals then get a price to replace all the GP`s as they are only around £15 each and it will save you doing them later.

I paid £160 for genuine MB discs and pads from MB Grangemouth and they were delivered next day to my local Arnold Clark branch.

Kenny

Hi mate is it front or rear parking sensors and is it a saloon or estate on the estate the rear sensors take seconds to change the front you have to remove the bumper, I have 4 Mercedes sensors if you want them p.m me were talk a price delivered I have to that are painted in 775 and the other two are grey I can paint them the correct colour and send them to you if your interested p.m me, congrats on the car hope it all gets sorted.

Hi Ricky front mate, according to John haynes indy mercedes Goring by sea
I have two faulty sensor however they've been working on and off, Am doing that list over the next few months.
Mon 14th Glow plug 1 and oil seal.
The parking sensors can be done at later date & prefer new but thanks for your kind offer.

Love the car mate thanks, I will post up some piccy's soon , Am still getting used to finding all these different gadgets! something new everyday:dk:

Glow plugs are easy to replace , especially number one as nothing has to come off for access. If the indy is replacing the inlet seals then get a price to replace all the GP`s as they are only around £15 each and it will save you doing them later.

I paid £160 for genuine MB discs and pads from MB Grangemouth and they were delivered next day to my local Arnold Clark branch.

Kenny

Thanks Kenny , I've been quoted more than that already just for Merc Pads!
Please could you send me details of what discs and pads to look for mate?

Thanks Kenny , I've been quoted more than that already just for Merc Pads!
Please could you send me details of what discs and pads to look for mate?

If you call MB Grangemouth parts dept. with you reg number then they will be able to give you a price ,for your parts, over the phone. They were by far the cheapest , locally , when i needed them for the CLS.

Kenny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom