e300td chipping problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonez59

Car
e300td,360bhp 4.2td patrol, 730bhp R32 GTR
Hello, im having a problem when chipping my merc, she a 99 plate, done all the maps for a stage2 style map, put sockets in for the chips so no soldering to swap chips over, put chips i done it and the glow plug light doesnt come on and wont try to start, cant find why as only changed the fueling, throttle, egr maps.
So i brought a stage2 chip from speedtuning in the U,S, chips hhh and lll came put them in and the same problem,
Put the stock chips back and and glow plug light comes on and she turns over and starts fine. Very very confused, like there is an immobiliser stopping the other chips from working.

Any ideas would be great

Unplugged the ecu last night, came out this morning with the stock chips in and now its doing the same with the stock chips as the mod ones.
is this what the immobiliser does on the E300td when it cuts in?? The steering lock unlocks fine when the key is put in????????

Hi

Just a thought but it could be some of the relays loose, i wont pretend to know much about them but there is a K40 relay that can give problems and it may need a jiggle maybe you disturbed it on fitting

ok ill have a looky at that one, thank you. Starting to pull hair out now lol

nooop gave every thing a little wobble, unplug and plug in and still no glow plug light or starter motor

Fixed, the sockets i used wasnt making full contact when the chips was pushed right in, push them in half way and they work a treat and **** me it shifts!!!!
Thanks for the advice

Well done, good mod.

Any before and after acceleration timing runs and what's the smoke like.
You really need to install an EGT gauge as the E300TD runs at 780c anyway.

as i got the chips in sockets i can do a stock run against a stage2 run. the stage2 does smoke and the egt is 720c at 1,5bar boost on stock turbo. but dam does it pick up fast, 2300rpm and its running full boost and off.
Will call in a favour and borrow a mates rolling road for a hour and do before and after out or interest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom