E320 cdi exhaust?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RickyBurrows

Banned
Car
Mercedes e320 cdi sport
Hi I have an e320 cdi sport face-lift so obviously has the om642 I know they put that engine in a lot of different mercs so hopefully someone has done this im looking at removing the back boxes my car standard has no middle box or dpf so it will effectively be a straight through minus the cat, has anyone done this if so can you send a video link i.e YouTube or something so I can hear the sound I'll be putting larger oval tailpipes on I'm not keen on the whole copy amg thing with everything so I'll stick with ovals it will be roughly a 6x4 size instead of the standard 5x3 hoping that removing the back boxes will release some of that v6 sound like the 3.0tdi audis have with an exhaust. And hoping it will take me near that 300hp mark with another map at msl.

Thanks.

Hi I have an e320 cdi sport face-lift so obviously has the om642 I know they put that engine in a lot of different mercs so hopefully someone has done this im looking at removing the back boxes my car standard has no middle box or dpf so it will effectively be a straight through minus the cat, has anyone done this if so can you send a video link i.e YouTube or something so I can hear the sound I'll be putting larger oval tailpipes on I'm not keen on the whole copy amg thing with everything so I'll stick with ovals it will be roughly a 6x4 size instead of the standard 5x3 hoping that removing the back boxes will release some of that v6 sound like the 3.0tdi audis have with an exhaust. And hoping it will take me near that 300hp mark with another map at msl.

Thanks.

Oh sounds interesting I'd like to know the outcome. Msl make there own exhausts too on site think it's called torque flow

Oh sounds interesting I'd like to know the outcome. Msl make there own exhausts too on site think it's called torque flow

Yeah I seen that when I went to get my car lowered there but I have a guy that can do it he builds exhausts for race cars ect so I'm sure he can handle removing two back boxs and fitting bigger tips lol, I'm just a bit nervous about doing it would be nice to hear some people's cars they have done it to, I don't want to ruin it but also love the sound of the Audi's with same engine layout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom