E320 CDI gearbox help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Striker99

Car
E320 cdi
I have a 2007 E320 CDI 3.0 estate.

I'm getting a dash message 'ESP system inoperable' regularly and there is a clonk at the gearbox which then doesn't change properly. If I switch the ignition off and on a few times it eventually works ok again, but that could be for 2 minutes or 2 days !

a friend plugged my car into diagnostics and came up with this message

'ETC Electronic fault 13, No CAN message was recived from control unit transmission control module'.

Does anyone have experience of what is likely to be causing this, and therefore the fix required please ? I'm hoping this isn't an expensive fix because things are tight at the moment, but I fear it could be.

I have the same on my E270 2003.the same message as yours.This happens when have low voltage at terminal 87.My battery 's voltage reads 12.2 v.

I have the same on my E270 2003.the same message as yours.This happens when have low voltage at terminal 87.My battery 's voltage reads 12.2 v.

Well is that voltage with engine/car in all OFF , or in KOEO?
But!
It then begs the question what is the voltage in KOER under alternator charge @ idle and revved at 1500/2000 r/m, (target figure 13.3 to 14.2v?)
Tuercas viejas

I said the battery .And that is measured when car is off.When car starts it reads 13.8 v.But ,when switch the key in pre start position the voltage in battery drops below 12 v.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom