E320 CDI (w211) giving me a headache .. Literally!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carrotbay

Car
Soon C or E class
I have a problem with my e320 CDI. I put up a post earlier regarding the lambda sensor as I thought it could me the cause of my problems. I've changed it since but still have the error codes as attached. I still have the poor performance issue.

There is quite a strong smell coming from the car. It's very obvious outside the car when stationary, and is somehow getting inside when travelling and after my 50 mile commute is making me feel pretty rough.

Any ideas on the problem? If I don't get this sorted soon I am going to have to book it into the local dealer :(

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image-3803224868.jpg
    image-3803224868.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 33
Leaking diesel injector seal? Pop the engine cover off and see if there's any chuffing of combustion gases around the injector, likely accompanied by a black tar-like gunge.

If that's happening and there's not too much gunge, it should be a fairly easy fix for your local indie if you don't fancy DIY. Search for "black death" for more info.

Sounds like Black Death.

Do a forum search which will tell you all you need to know.

The smell in the car has continued but recently solved it .. a reaction in the washer bottle from two types of windscreen wash fluid. The smell and fumes coming from the bottle and then into the air con was rancid. I've been driving around with all vents shut and windows open for a few weeks as it was unbearable .. Just washed the bottle through with a hose for quite some time and it is much better.

Finally car seems to be okay following failed lambda sensor, failed fan causing overheating and fumes issue .. Hopefully next month will be better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom