E350 Bluetec '63 + Brabus D6s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hem666

Car
E350 s212 2013 Facelift Estate D6s; E500 Salon Avt 2004;
I'm about to add the D6s to my baby.

Its costing me about £1,800 via Mercedes/Brabus with 3 year Brabus Warranty + no effect on the original vehicles warranty.

I had almost given up on it because of the cost of insurance. Previous cheapest quote was £1,700, which i though was loads considering I have 8 years ncb and my current insurance is only £600. But today A certain multicar insurance company made my day, by offering it of £800...........Sold.

So I'm about to hand over my money. And wondered what you guys thought!

I love the current engine btw......nothing wrong or under powered about it. I just want a little more.

Seems the best way to do it while keeping the original warranty intact, but equally you do pay for it. If you've got the money though go for it!

I trust you will give us an update when it's been fitted

hell yeah!

Next Wednesday she goes into Mercedes....So full details will follow after then. :)

Well today was the day....

Did not go quite to plan.

The good bit:
D6 is in.... AWEsoME.
Gentle drive = Good mpgs.
Sport mode = ******* followed by a bit more dribble. Lets just say it makes a subtle but very good change imo so far.....

I ordered a badge for the bonnet and boot lid. (Didnt find the Brabus side badge nor Brabus silver text appealing). Long story short...Front badge wrong screws, rear badge fitting for a salon. Rear badge broke on the way out :/

I guess my dealer has been good about the situation and will replace the broken badge for me as well as fitting the correct brabus stuff, when it arrives from Germany.

Needed to replace my plates with euro happy ones, so presented them with a ready made set. They called me after taking the car, saying they would be happy to replace them for free, if they made some up of their own to put on. No problem with me. They broke the original plates...It miffed me a little. (I've just been told this is normal for newer plates to prevent theft.)

A few additional items I wanted were mentioned during the process, and one or two have been put aside for us apparently....(mentioned in an apology email).

I think we all agree that the above are important but minor. The d6s rocks.

I almost forgot my fav bit. They finally have agreed to get me the Illuminated door sills. (very long story... probably best for another thread :/ ).

hem

Hi hem666,

Glad to here your impressed with the D6S looking to get one myself.

Can I ask where you got it for 1800 and was that fitted?

I've been quoted a lot higher.

Cheers

sorry been afk

sorry guys life problems.....no time to post the stuff ive wanted to be abck in a few days.

20140911_231842w.jpg

This happened on Thursday...

One of the problems with living in the city. I know that some people with hatchbacks and estates deliberately leave the cover off, so the empty boot can be viewed to make it less attractive for miscreants.

Hi hem666,

Can I ask where you got it for 1800 and was that fitted?

Actually paid a little more in the end. £2080 all in. If you want to know where pm/email me and i'll put you in touch.

film looks good but window will still be smashed and they may or may not get away with stuff.

My baby is back.......will return on the weekend with pics and stuff

As above the film stops (mostly) theft of belongings from the car but the glass still needs replacing.
My Son had the same happen in Bristol when they first moved there, they nicked a brand new hoover from the trunk (under the cover) and some easter Eggs!!!!

They ALWAYS leave the car with the cover on the trunk floor now.

Sorry its been so long here are some pics for you!!!!
IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

more pix on my blog hemalfixit.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom