E350 Estate - Is This The One For Me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
I'd have put this in the 'Spotted on EBay' section, but I've cluttered it up enough already!

What think you to this, gentlemen?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-61-M...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

They'll take the E320 (which is growing on me, I have to admit) in part-exchange for what I paid for it, which is a bonus; no messing about with onanist time-wasters on eBay. It will be a lot quicker - and cheaper - to drive down there rather than take the train, which is another bonus.

I have no reservations whatsoever about the seller.

The carpets are all black, so the dirty (from time to time) dogs in the back won't spoil anything, and I'm clean enough (usually) not to worry about dirtying the leather.

I think this is the one. Is it worth trying to chisel a little off the asking price, or is it about right?

That is (to me) a beautiful colour combination, the car also looks to be in good order. I have no feel for prices on these but it never hurts to ask. Even if it is just getting an extended warranty,

If it ticks your boxes then possibly the price asked is just worth it?

Looks a bit pricey but if you have a reasonable trade in and the condition is very good and the history is MB and complete then I would buy it, spec. looks very good. Go and drive it , if you like it go ahead , haggle if you can but in the end if they will not drop the cost to change it will be because they think they can get the price they want from another buyer.
I recently traded my E320 for a very low mileage ML 320cdi, paid top price but was happy as it looked like new, reasonable spec with low miles and FMB service history and a reasonable trade in value, decided that the extra £1000/£1500 was a price worth paying.Turned out well to date.

Very nice colour combination. The light leather is pretty unusual and, in the absence of the pano roof, makes a huge difference when your're inside it.

Edit; and it's got the ;later 264bhp engine - worth a slight premium.

I'm not a fan of a pano roof; I prefer to be looking ahead, not up, when I'm driving. The Pug has one, and even under cloudy conditions, the car heats up with the roof blinds retracted.

On the other hand, it might be useful to keep a watch out for a police helicopter tracking me...:-D

I'm not a fan of a pano roof; I prefer to be looking ahead, not up, when I'm driving. The Pug has one, and even under cloudy conditions, the car heats up with the roof blinds retracted.

On the other hand, it might be useful to keep a watch out for a police helicopter tracking me...:-D

Well light leather is your answer then.

I loved it in my C43's (both with sunroof) and even more in the 212 (without).

Last edited:
Very nice
Lovely leather and the updated engine
If you want an oil burner, this will do nicely

Get it bought (with a zero hassle trade in to!)

PS
Wonder why they show the passenger seat fully reclined....
What do they think you'll need to know it does that for :rolleyes:

Silly question perhaps, but: where are the electric seat controls? They don't appear to be on the doors where I'm used to finding them, and I can't find them in any of the pics either.

Wonder why they show the passenger seat fully reclined....
What do they think you'll need to know it does that for :rolleyes:

At my age, chance would be a fine thing...

IMG_20170722_121157693-1152x648.jpg IMG_20170722_121144406-1152x648.jpg That's what I paid for a same year E350 cdi estate. 125 edition sport.

Actually not quite as good spec as that one as the interior is standard black leather and navigation 50 rather than comand

But mine is 7 seats.

Buy it. Price is right imo.

Oh and the seat controls are down the right side of the seat. It doesn't have memory seats. Gimmicky though I think, it's much quicker to manually slide the seat back to my position after my Mrs has been driving it.

No memory seats? Penny-pinching, then; every E class Avantgarde (all of them) I've had has had them, at least for the driver...
What was the mileage on yours when you got it?

Just seen the pics. Is yours Palladium or Brilliant silver?

I think mine is brilliant silver. Not totally sure though.

No memory seats. They do adjust electrically just with manual for/aft. Manual steering column too. Doesn't bother me in the slightest though.

Mine had 78k on it. I really struggled to find a 7 seat 350cdi that wasn't 150 miles away from Leeds. This one came up in sunny Scunthorpe and I needed a car so there we are. I got what l thought was a very fair px price for my 10yr old ford galaxy too.

The car has been great so far anyway. Really like it.

Silly question perhaps, but: where are the electric seat controls? They don't appear to be on the doors where I'm used to finding them, and I can't find them in any of the pics either.

On mine they are on the side of the seat.

No memory function on mine but then I'm the only one who drives it.

Robin

MANUAL steering column adjustment? MANUAL fore-and-aft seat adjustment? God, it's pared to the bone...:D

I presume auto-dimming mirrors are part of the standard spec? They're not mentioned in the datacard either.

Looking at the stitching on the door panels, it got nappa leather. An expensive extra on top of ordinary leather (which was an extra over standard Artico)
I know this place, and the majority of cars are on the higher mileage side.
Don't expect main dealer quality or service though, but ok. You "payes your money" - and all that.

I'm impressed, to say the least, with the eBay feedback; no reservations at all about dealing with him. It's not nappa leather on the datacard, just leather.

I'm fine with the mileage, and he's just looking at pics of the E320's 'bad bits' (minor, and not much even then...) so we can agree a price to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom