E350 rubber smell and high revs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave ewing

Car
w212 2010 E350 267hp
hi
had my E350 2010 for two months and when i bought it the service indicator read A7 service. i called a local MB dealer and asked what was carried out on this service., normal stuff plus transmission oil change.
the dealer i bought it off said they will be caryring out the service and i did say i knew what was required and if they couldn't carry out the proper service tell me and i would get the work done myself. they promised it would all be done.

from the off the auto box was hunting and not changing up, not always but when cold.
but today it was sticking at 2500 and 3000 rpm . i did put in sports mode and floored it to see if it would clear but no, then i could smell rubber burning, i thought i haven't floored it that much? when i got home and still with the engine at 2500rpm the smell of rubber was unreall.
please help

Auto transmission? Has the A7 service been done or not? Quite confused from your post. Mileage?

ATF fluid change is normally done on a B service I thought but then again 'when it's due' maybe when they've typed your reg in they've scheduled it in ontop of the A service if it's now due

If its diesel the rubber smell could be DPF regen.

As above. DPF re-generation has a strange smell just like hot rubber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom