E350cdi cabrio discounts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnDeere8530

I have ordered the aforementioned car in "125edition" guise (ie 265hp engine, minor cosmetic tweaks and comand online) and managed to get an 8% discount on the car & the extras (leather,airscarf,sport,HK,Handling & metallic) which is £3600inc vat.

Is this the best I am ever likely to achieve? Dealer was not willing to go anymore, I was hoping for 10% in such times ??

They have quoted me £32629 for the car + £416 for the "125 edition", which is the comand online. These prices exclude the vat, delivery and are before discount. Are they correct?

Last edited:
Great price. How much would the equivalent have cost 10 years ago?

Doesn't seem too bad to me, I'd go for that if I was buying one right now.

That's more than I managed to get on my E350 coupe and so I would say that is a very good deal.

Seems pretty good, what dealer? What are the cosmetic upgrades, I have seen quad exhausts on a photo of an 11 plate 350CDI cab, which were normally for the V8?

Seems pretty good, what dealer? What are the cosmetic upgrades, I have seen quad exhausts on a photo of an 11 plate 350CDI cab, which were normally for the V8?

As for cosmetic upgrades, I think this is just a change of steering wheel (square at bottom). The saloon has trapezal (cant spell) shaped exhausts now and I believe the coupe and cabrio to retain the oval pipes (1 each side)

The car is part of the 125edition package, something to do with merc being 125yrs old

Considering the state of the Pound at the moment it's pretty exceptional I'd say!

Yep asked around today 8% seems good for this model in 125 edition guise. I guess I just got lucky. Unless Merc are now worrying about not shifting cars ?

you are right,

However this is before a June build and the brochure correct from June onwards (PM-0543 Attachment 1: E-Class Saloon& Estate Model Year 2011.5) states that saloons go to square exhausts, but there is no mention of the cabrio and coupe doing the same where they are listed further on in the attachment. The dealers stance was that they were to stay the same

I guess I will find out come Sept. Think they look better than the oval ones ?

I looked at all the March11 onwards cabrios I could find and they all have oval exhausts except the one you found WingCo. How weird

Your search results - Used Car Search - Inchcape Mercedes-Benz

F

The 125 edition is basically a heavily subsidised online comand, instead of £1600 odd pounds it is now £500

I looked at all the March11 onwards cabrios I could find and they all have oval exhausts except the one you found WingCo. How weird

F

The 125 edition is basically a heavily subsidised online comand, instead of £1600 odd pounds it is now £500

You can fit the 500 tail pipes and diffuser piece on to 350's quite easily, it's a bolt off, bolt on job, parts are around £400 ish so if you're competent enough it's an easy modification.

I noticed that all the other 11 models were oval, but I thought maybe this is the latest, but it has done 4k. The bodywork also fits around the pipes. I only ofund because I am always looking at cars and deciding what spec, colour and interior I will have when I chnage mine and this one had the beige leather which looks pretty good and also the 19" wheels. Mine is SE as I had enough of Sport and big wheels with my previous CLK, but if I change next year I'll have to have something different and as I always have Obsidian Black, I thought beige leather and back to Sport with the big wheels - but I'll regret the ride quality.
Did you say what colour you were having inside and out and how long is delivery now?

i cancelled my two month old order as that was due to be delivered in Aug, I decided to go for the newer license plate and cheaper price. I am informed now it will be delivered mid late sept.

I was boring and went for iridium silver and black leather inside. I like that combo, I prefer black outside as looks classy but I live in a heavily wooded area and have a unmade track to the road that holds water etc. Having black - I would literally of been cleaning it every day !

maybe those other cars with ovals were all March delivery, ie Feb builds. The car with sq exhausts could be a much later build say April/May and the mileage is just a guesstimate of what it will of done when it is sold on ?? Ie it is a demo car

I cancelled my order and I was supposed to pick up form Germany but new date 23/8 and I am picking up from dealer on 1/9. I only get back from holiday on the 30/8 hence collecting from dealer now,

Savings in price meant I added the 19" wheels sonspec now:

350 cdi Sport
Obsidian Black
Nappa Black Leather
Piano black trim
Dynamic handling package
19" Wheels
Command online
Harman Kardon

Can't wait now I just want to get it.

I would take a look on www.carfile.net , they will find the best discount. You don't pay them they will just put you in touch with the MB dealer that gives you the best deal, if you proceed the dealer pays them a bit of commission. I am sure you could get at least 10%.

referring to above post

the best they can do on the popular diesel convertible is about 6.5%, although they do slightly more on the less popular larger petrols such as the 3 and 5l versions

All in all ok but I find brokers can most often be beaten if you look in the right places, as the brokers' fees is often approaching £1k in some cases

10% in this day and age on the popular models is a pipe dream Im afraid

Last edited:
JohnDeere8530 said:
referring to above post

the best they can do on the popular diesel convertible is about 6.5%, although they do slightly more on the less popular larger petrols such as the 3 and 5l versions

All in all ok but I find brokers can most often be beaten if you look in the right places, as the brokers' fees is often approaching £1k in some cases

10% in this day and age on the popular models is a pipe dream Im afraid

Yes very much worth looking and I do agree. Carfile does not operate as like most brokers, so no fee is paid by yourself. I spoke to Jonathan there and he was really helpful so it is worth giving them a ring particularly when starting out to get some prices to benchmark off but you may find they get you the best price. I also got some other broker prices and as you say fees were charged and they worked out far more than carfile and the local dealer.

I wrote a detailed spec of what vehicle I wanted, telephoned the sales department of a few dealers and then emailed it to them asking for the best price. Very quickly I got a good indication of the discounts to be had :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom