E55 amg day at msl with acid and the crew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ricky, I approached Eldin at EMP and he told me they wouldn't entertain modifying the OEM boxes...

:dk:

Agreed - but that is when the main chamber is opened up rather than the small chamber. If the small chamber is opened and 'u' bend capped off then it effectively becomes a straight through design utilising the small chamber and still retaining the sound deadening around the perforated pipes to the tailpipes. I was discussing this with a guy in the US and he went ahead and did it and from what he said it sounded c63 like but......:dk:

He did post up that clip and it does sound more like a C63. Be interesting hear it now (I guess) he has done both sides.

Ricky, I approached Eldin at EMP and he told me they wouldn't entertain modifying the OEM boxes...

:dk:

He did post up that clip and it does sound more like a C63. Be interesting hear it now (I guess) he has done both sides.

I think the thing is John that most places probably see it as hassle to open the rear boxes up. I'm surprised EMP wouldn't entertain it though. Anyway mate you will soon have Kleemann's and I'm sure that will be enough of a sound increase for you:thumb:

I think the thing is John that most places probably see it as hassle to open the rear boxes up. I'm surprised EMP wouldn't entertain it though. Anyway mate you will soon have Kleemann's and I'm sure that will be enough of a sound increase for you:thumb:

Hmm, I did think that - hence easier to recommend C63 boxes as ready-made.

I bloody hope so.

Hearing Ricky's tales of not having enough sound does make me wonder if they will be loud enough albeit I am not in pursuit of an exhaust to win a sound-off against an Avro Vulcan bomber on full tilt!

Hearing Ricky's tales of not having enough sound does make me wonder if they will be loud enough albeit I am not in pursuit of an exhaust to win a sound-off against an Avro Vulcan bomber on full tilt!

Now that is a top notch exhaust sound, (technically i think its generated from the air inlets) 4 olympus at max chat:D

Olly at PCS will modify the back boxes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yry2LnaNeXc

listen to that baby scream

Last edited:
Now that is a top notch exhaust sound, (technically i think its generated from the air inlets) 4 olympus at max chat:D

Close up of a Vulcan Bomber fly by - VOLUME WARNING - YouTube

I've been to Goodwood Revival several times and as much as I'm a petrol head and love my cars the highlight has always been the Vulcan fly over, just awesome:thumb:

Hmm, I did think that - hence easier to recommend C63 boxes as ready-made.

I bloody hope so.

Ricky's exhaust sounds fantastic as it is, believe me!! I guess it depends what you want it for, but as an everyday car, I reckon Kleemann's will suit you from what you have said before.

Simon, JDM had the boxes opened emptied and certain parts blocked as per the US forums.

Simon, JDM had the boxes opened emptied and certain parts blocked as per the US forums.

Hi Alps - I think JDM has had the main chamber opened up rather than the smaller chamber which I was proposing. I think opening the smaller chamber will create a tighter sound but as you know I didn't do it as some very nice chap sourced me some C63 boxes:D

Close up of a Vulcan Bomber fly by - VOLUME WARNING - YouTube

Olly did give me a price as I contacted him at the same time I emailed Eldin. Just seemed a bit odd that EMP wouldn't do it.

I remember seeing an Avro Vulcan take off at the Biggin Hill air show in the mid 80s and you could feel the vibration in your chest as it pointed away - like in that clip. Unbelievable.

Ricky's exhaust sounds fantastic as it is, believe me!! I guess it depends what you want it for, but as an everyday car, I reckon Kleemann's will suit you from what you have said before.

We'll see - once Acid has his dyno I will see. I always refer to that infamous clip but I need to hear them in real life to make a judgement.

Please excuse my ignorance but what would happen if you replaced the back box with standard exhaust pipe and attached the decorative tips to the ends?

Is that a viable solution? Cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom