E55 AMG for £2300 - Could be a bargain for someone...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mj2k

Car
2000 Subaru Legacy GT (remapped to 300bhp)
Last edited:
Check the mileage too - the last MOT (1st September 2016) records it as 123, 356. No rust-related advisories either...

Couldn't resist it - I've emailed the seller :)

No longer available. Was that you, mj2k, or were you too late?

Seller hasn't replied yet, but the car's been relisted for £50 less!

I'm sure rusty/tired E55s with engines that didn't make loud tapping noises weren't much more than this half recently!

Seller seems like a trader (google his phone number) so I would have thought he'd have sorted it out if it was a minor issue.

I'm sure rusty/tired E55s with engines that didn't make loud tapping noises weren't much more than this half recently!

Seller seems like a trader (google his phone number) so I would have thought he'd have sorted it out if it was a minor issue.

Hmmm, interesting, maybe not such a bargain after all then, esp if it's got severe piston slap rather than iffy tappets.

Well - usually M113 engines are considered pretty bulletproof, it's the rest of the car (rust wise) you'd be concerned about on a 210, especially nowadays.

My gut feeling is that as a trader if it was a simple fix he'd have done it (and must surely have connections in the trade etc). Likewise if it was a nice example he'd do the work anyway.

I think unless you're handy with the spanners and have cheap spares it could be a bit of a money pit.

IMHO of course! :)

I'm fine with the bodywork; I've recently got a very ratty-looking W210 300td estate which is either going to end up as a Superturbodiesel donor, or as is seeming more likely now, will end up getting a lot of attention from my welding apparatus ;)

But I suspect a mangled AMG engine would be an altogether more expensive problem, and would probably make the car only good for scrap.

No reply from the seller, so I guess he didn't like my offer very much. But by the sounds of it I might have had a lucky escape.

This has made me realise one thing though - I must have really gone off my Alfa 156 GTA if I'm even considering a similar(ish) car like the E55, so I've put it up for sale. Still, the GTA's immaculate and everything's been fixed on it so I've got no excuse to get covered in oil and swear at it, which is half the fun of owning one ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom