E55 Prices on the march?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That is an extremely optimistic price being asked for that one. Although well specced it isn't worth that much.

I have noticed for at least a year now the prices have been firming up on this model.

Makes my recent purchase look like a right old steal!!

I heard that the estates command a little more but that one does seem about 5k or so too high to me...

You can still buy relatively ropey E55K's for £6-7k and I'd say the ideal price for a "cared for" example with circa 100k miles on would be £9-11k.

Allow another £1-2k for a seven seat estate.

The best thing to keep in mind when looking expensive or cheap E55's is that it doesn't take much imagination to spend a couple of grand on them dependent on how "mint" you like your car; a KeylessGo handle here, an air strut there and add a supercharger pump and the bills soon start...

Well specced and I suppose if it had a new sbc pump and airmatic pump, new tyres and a good warranty etc etc then maybe a deal could be done. As has been said it is easy to spend quite alot.
Add to that the scarcity of the estates - I've only seen about 3 more for sale since I bought mine in august.
I like the 12-13k estimate for a decent 7 seat estate, makes mine a decent buy :)
The black car in Reading as a much poorer spec but similar miles and, I believe. is still for sale at 14k as it has been since about April.

Prices did drop but have reached a point where they have firmed up as said.

I remember being told by someone that they would be worth 2 or 3 grand in the not too distant future - shows how much sh!t they were talking!

I've always thought they would hold their value well because they are such stonking cars - they tick almost every box for me.

Great to see prices definitely not dropping any further.

I was in a friends 2004 RS6 the other day and it feels like an "old car" unlike our lovely E55s.

Mine feels as fresh as it did nearly 5 years ago when I bought it - maybe fresher as I have two new rear shockers and engine mounts in the time I've had it...

I was only looking around the dash and centre console this evening sat in a bit of traffic - I am still impressed at the quality of everything.

As long as it is looked after - it will stay like that for quite some time I imagine.

My problem is I really want to try other cars but I just cannot bring myself to sell mine.

I probably paid too much for mine when I bought it 6 months ago so I feel a bit better now having seen that ad! Think that price looks very steep though.

Maybe they will start to go up in value soon, possible future classic (?), there are not too many about, and it's a very, very special engine. I also like that they are quite understated and not too blingy / chintzy unlike some of the the newer AMGs. Even the diesels look sporty & chintzy these days so the subtle understated look may become more popular

As long as it is looked after - it will stay like that for quite some time I imagine.

So true, getting a car that has been kept on top of is really important with these. A friend is looking at one currently, he has seen a few but they are ropey.

Sadly he is convinced he can get a minter for 7k.

Be case of "learning the hard way" I think although he could be lucky.

I'd want at least £12k for mine before I'd even think about selling it.

If that means it didn't sell, so be it.

Be case of "learning the hard way" I think although he could be lucky.

I'd want at least £12k for mine before I'd even think about selling it.

If that means it didn't sell, so be it.

Yep last night he admitted he might be wrong. He said he wants one like mine, it was at that point I got my history file out and showed him what I have done to get it to how it is now.

If he gets one for 7-8k, that's just the start.

It might be a one owner low mileage example (in best colour;o)) but 20k? Good luck with that!!!

And they could have cleaned it!!

£20k - would be nice if they did fetch that!

Not realistic but if they get it, which I doubt, then good luck to them...

So true, getting a car that has been kept on top of is really important with these. A friend is looking at one currently, he has seen a few but they are ropey.

If your friend is after one in excellent condition, I've just put mine up for sale, having owned it for 5 years myself. Please feel free to pass this on to him

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/clas...-4-supercharged-2004-excellent-condition.html

or here:
Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz AMG E55 AMG for sale in Hertfordshire | Pistonheads

I will pass the advert on thanks. Not sure it will be for him as it's silver and he is still sniffing around the ropey examples as 7k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom