e55 - surprisingly high bids?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's a very nice one on Autotrader at £9,200 which is still cheap for a Estate

I saw that and thought it went cheap?

I sold a 2004 model with similar mileage last year for £10k, and although mine had slightly higher spec this one is an 2006 - which some people prefer.

Not many E55K estates around and that one looks pretty tidy to me :)

I thought it sold cheaply too. With estates at a premium I would have expected at least another £2k for a 55 plate 2006 model.

I thought it sold cheaply too. With estates at a premium I would have expected at least another £2k for a 55 plate 2006 model.

Yeh exactly

Doesn't seem expensive to me. If I had known about it I might have bought it. Looks decent enough from what you can see in the pics. No keyless go or distronic but ideal for me as don't value those features much & would prefer without.

Often these Sterling auction cars come back up again as some win but never turn up or view it & don't take it in the end. There is no compulsory purchase it seems so you make up your mind when you go to view/collect.

Often these Sterling auction cars come back up again as some win but never turn up or view it & don't take it in the end. There is no compulsory purchase it seems so you make up your mind when you go to view/collect.

To be fair you can't argue with that - I guess they know that many eBay car sales don't work out anyway so no point in them trying to force the issue, if they sounded too heavy going about that side of things then they'd just reduce the overall amount of bidders that they get!

Agreed, sounds like a good model. I expect they are brokering any deal effectively so take a small cut of the sale price. Don't spend ages doing ads or questions. They supply basic information & sell at whatever the markets decides to pay. If you are doing enough turnover of cars, are not buying stock, have no stock, have no comeback then 250-500 quid or so a deal is decent enough money for not doing too much.

I remember when they used to do a quick valet and take some photos next to some fancy flowerpots standing on gravel I guess next to their car wash/yard or whatever - now they take them in the car park outside the auction before they've even got the keys! Fair play though, quick turnover and I guess for every bad car that loses them a bit of money there's probably 5-10 others that earn them a few hundred quid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom