E55 / what is this button for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Littleborough

Car
Clk 320 Cdi sport
can anyone tell me what this button is for? The one in the photo with a solid and empty arrow

Sat on the school run ATM so can't check the manual right now

Attachments

• IMG_3956.JPG
    IMG_3956.JPG
    883.4 KB · Views: 45
Filters the incoming air through the activated charcoal filter. Removes pollutants, NOX etc..

You wonder why the result of pushing it isn't the default state anyway

where abouts is it (cant see from pic) or is it a w210 not a 55k? Dont think I have one on the CLS?

where abouts is it (cant see from pic) or is it a w210 not a 55k? Dont think I have one on the CLS?

It's just to the left of the right side heater control rotary knob on a W211 E55. You should have that button?
Here's a bigger photo, poor with the sun shining in I'm afraid.
20170913_183052.jpg

My w210 has it and the activated charcoal filter isn't cheap either! Tbh i've never used it

One can invoke operation manually but does it not come into operation automatically, depending on the NOX sensor?

Just press it. It might remove the stray eyebrow from the other button!

One can invoke operation manually but does it not come into operation automatically, depending on the NOX sensor?
Yes, that's what my manual says.

I normally hit the button when I'm behind a smoking diesel or I notice an unpleasant odour in the air.

Activated carbon filters go under the glovebox, so you just have a pollen filter in the engine bay.

It is a 211 E55, I don't have that button on my CLS55 either, it is A/C with a red LED (A/C Compressor on/off) on mine as I expect yours is, and my rest button has only a single function unlike the E55 one shown.
Mines like the one in the link below,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-...054538?hash=item2f09832cca:g:QR4AAOSwjW9ZlFtf
Thanks. Yes mine is the same as yours and the one in your link. Are all 211 55k like that or just early ones. My old 54 plate E500 w211 was the same as the CLS

My old 54 plate E55K was the same as Andy's CLS.

Roger's picture shows that AC one combined with the REST button.

My old REST button was the only function on that button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom