E55 - where to take for service?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Littleborough

Car
Clk 320 Cdi sport
I have owned my e55 estate for a few weeks now and omg the car is fn quick!! Just been out with a pal who's had 400hp evos and he was shocked at the power, he didn't stop going on about how quick it is.

I've been out all day today on fast a roads and jeesus for overtaking it's unreal, even my fearless 11 yr old son said wow dad I've never been in a car that's a bit scary it's so fast lol

I love this car it's a keeper

I have noticed a few issues recently so I need to find somewhere to have a look at it. I'd like to find the right place and might not be averse to some mods.

Does anyone have a recommendation please ?

Where are you, and how far are you prepared to travel?

Service and mods?

MSL in Birmingham springs to mind, and I think MSL have a place in Bradford now. MSL can do all sorts of mods but are well known for their Weistec and Eurocharged tuning. They have a chassis dyno too.

Prestige Car Service (PCS) in Waterlooville (near Portsmouth) are a Renntech agent, but have been known to get up to all sorts of stuff, tinkering with exhausts and even engine transplants.

Mercland in Nuneaton, aren't known for tuning, but the owner is ;)

All three of the above can do service and repairs, with first class service. I have personally used all three several times for repair work, and I can't recommend them highly enough. You couldn't wish to meet nicer, more genuine, or more knowledgeable people than the guys who run those businesses.

Finally Wayne Gates in Harrow has an excellent reputation on this forum, however I've never had the pleasure of using them, as I'm rarely in that beck of the woods.

I hope this helps, and enjoy the car.

PS Now I've type all that, I bet you're going to say you live in Aberdeen :D Still my fingers have had a workout even if the rest of me hasn't.

nope not Aberdeen lol - I live in littleborough which is near Rochdale, Lancashire.

Its sounding like MSL are the place to speak to, didn't realise they did servicing and repairs as well as mods but seems they do, oh and it seems they also do detailing!

I will call them Monday, ideally I want to drop it off and get everything needed done along with some mods possibly and a detail of some kind.

Thanks for writing your reply pal, hope the fingers aren't too tired!

MSL in Birmingham springs to mind, and I think MSL have a place in Bradford now. MSL can do all sorts of mods but are well known for their Weistec and Eurocharged tuning. They have a chassis dyno too.

Prestige Car Service (PCS) in Waterlooville (near Portsmouth) are a Renntech agent, but have been known to get up to all sorts of stuff, tinkering with exhausts and even engine transplants.

Mercland in Nuneaton, aren't known for tuning, but the owner is ;)

All three of the above can do service and repairs, with first class service. I have personally used all three several times for repair work, and I can't recommend them highly enough. You couldn't wish to meet nicer, more genuine, or more knowledgeable people than the guys who run those businesses.

Finally Wayne Gates in Harrow has an excellent reputation on this forum, however I've never had the pleasure of using them, as I'm rarely in that beck of the woods.

I hope this helps, and enjoy the car.

PS Now I've type all that, I bet you're going to say you live in Aberdeen :D Still my fingers have had a workout even if the rest of me hasn't.[/QUOTE]

Where are you, and how far are you prepared to travel?

Littleborough, GT Manchester.

Prepared to travel 100-200 miles maybe more at a push for he right place.

MSL sounds good so far and not too much of a distance at 80miles ish

Littleborough, GT Manchester.

Prepared to travel 100-200 miles maybe more at a push for he right place.

MSL sounds good so far and not too much of a distance at 80miles ish

The Birmingham branch of MSL s the place to go. Acid has a lot of experience mapping the 55k.
Bet you come away with a pulley, map and some extra cooling.:banana:
Daveenty who just sold his 800+hp E63 had all his work done at MSL. He is from N. Manchester and makes the trip.
They are surpisingly quick for a heavy 4 door estate aren't they:thumb:

Agree with MSL.

It's exactly 101 miles door to door for me (Near Ramsbottom) but well worth it, especially the drive back home after having work done. :)

Yep I think that's where I'll be taking it subject to a call to acid.

Pulley, map and cooling - so what would that make? maybe 600bhp and 700ftbs torque?

Yes they are surprisingly quick for a 4 door estate, surprisingly quick for a car full stop is say, fairly sure it would beat the 5litre chimera I had.....

The Birmingham branch of MSL s the place to go. Acid has a lot of experience mapping the 55k.
Bet you come away with a pulley, map and some extra cooling.:banana:
Daveenty who just sold his 800+hp E63 had all his work done at MSL. He is from N. Manchester and makes the trip.
They are surpisingly quick for a heavy 4 door estate aren't they:thumb:

Not even booked in but already looking forward to the drive home lol

Agree with MSL.

It's exactly 101 miles door to door for me (Near Ramsbottom) but well worth it, especially the drive back home after having work done. :)

Pulley, map and cooling - so what would that make? maybe 600bhp and 700ftbs torque?

Close to 600bhp with a 77mm pulley, nearer 550 with an 83mm. Not sure on torque.

If you've not read it before this is an interesting thread on tuning the 55k with different pulleys.
77mm Supercharger Pulley - MSL Dyno Test

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom