E55k amg E service.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
My e55 is due an E service which was popped up on display this morning. Could E55K guys give me a some advice to which needs to be done on this service. It's the first service the car will have since I took ownership back in March last year. And roughly what cost I will be looking at paying.

Thanks

Tom

The above link will tell you what the main dealer would carry out, but I suspect (and would hope) you have a good MB indy that you'll use for servicing and repairs.

Generally speaking you either have an A or a B service (minor or major) the a C, D etc are extra items the dealers do at certain mileages/years. The higher the letter the dearer the service:crazy:

What mileage have you got?
Your service should cover oil/filter, visible inspection of suspension/steering, discs/pads tyres, exhaust and underside along with checking washer fluid ,bulbs, battery condition on both batteries, air filters and any fault messages.
I may have missed a few things but that is basically it.

Then mileage or age dependant the following.
Spark plugs every 50k miles or 4 year intervals
Brake fluid recommended every 2 years IIRC.
ATF every 37k miles

Without knowing exactly what needs doing its impossible to give an estimate. But bear in mind using an indy will halve the labour rate and you know all the work will be done.

The above link will tell you what the main dealer would carry out, but I suspect (and would hope) you have a good MB indy that you'll use for servicing and repairs.

Generally speaking you either have an A or a B service (minor or major) the a C, D etc are extra items the dealers do at certain mileages/years. The higher the letter the dearer the service:crazy:

What mileage have you got?
Your service should cover oil/filter, visible inspection of suspension/steering, discs/pads tyres, exhaust and underside along with checking washer fluid ,bulbs, battery condition on both batteries, air filters and any fault messages.
I may have missed a few things but that is basically it.

Then mileage or age dependant the following.
Spark plugs every 50k miles or 4 year intervals
Brake fluid recommended every 2 years IIRC.
ATF every 37k miles

Without knowing exactly what needs doing its impossible to give an estimate. But bear in mind using an indy will halve the labour rate and you know all the work will be done.

Thanks very much AMGeed great info much appreciated.

Funny enough the Indy I use for the last 7 years owns a never e55K than me an 06 plate he has mine is an 04 saloon on 75,000 miles drives so well I actually adore the car. I just wanted some info on what kind of things were due within the e service. I remember the Indy saying what you have regarding the main type of services which are A and so on but other things are adding in with different letters that come up. Very helpful thanks. I trust the guy I use I just like to have a idea what's involved really.

He is actually looking to get the newer E class amg from 2013 the bi-turbo lump I think he was saying.

Anyway much appreciate the info.

Thanks

The beast goes in tommorow for its service and health check.

Once this is over with I plan on looking in to exhaust /headers to get that SC v8 noise more noticeable lol.

Beast is back with clean bill of health. Full health check also and in great condition.

Next step headers and resonator delete to get that v8 out is this mods the best to achieve this?

Thanks

2006 E55, now theres something you don't find everyday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom