E55K Estate - Not silver, Not black, Not high mileage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
As the thread title says. Late, low-mileage, full history would be ideal. I'm going to keep on bumping this until I find one, so if you know of one for sale, or have one to sell, please let me know.

This could be the Holy Grail:D
To find a low mileage, E55 estate that isn't black or silver.
Good luck!

I assume Tanzanite Blue will be the top choice Dennis?

Get under your skin those E55K's don't they?

I could live with Melanite, I reckon; Tanzanite would be ideal, followed by a deep Burgundy colour, but I'm far from averse to very dark green. If the car in the ad was a UK car, and for sale now, I'd go to see it at least.

They certainly do. The E350 as a cure hasn't worked...

John is going through a similar experience with his CL500; the car is as good as you'd expect it to be, just like your E350 I'm sure, but nothing quite replicates the inner hooligan that a supercharged V8 brings out in you.

They certainly do. The E350 as a cure hasn't worked...

I was just going to say, didn't you just sell an E55? I think you got the E350 just before me....I saw it and then when I tried to contact the seller a day or two later, it had gone.
I got bored of looking for a non silver estate, so bought the one I now have. I don't think I've seen any estates for sale, since I bought mine.

Good luck!

Estates are thin on the ground currently. There are usually one or two around but none currently. In the 2-3 yrs I've had them on my radar 90% of them have been silver 9.9% black and, I think, your tanzanite car has been the only rhd in a different colour I have seen.
Do you know there are others as I think its going to be a long wait and could be expensive! Ah well what else can you do with it?

John is going through a similar experience with his CL500; the car is as good as you'd expect it to be, just like your E350 I'm sure, but nothing quite replicates the inner hooligan that a supercharged V8 brings out in you.

Hmm.

I drove an E63 5.5 TT not longer after it cropped up on here but I was totally underwhelmed in all respects I'm afraid.

Not a worthy successor in my mind.

I've even thought about approaching Ricky about his but none of this solves my issue with speeding so I am resigned to a life of boring cars now.

Whoopy doo.

Ok it's black but a very low miles, well specced car on eBay. Not cheap mind. 48k miles for £18k

Saw that a while ago, but as you say, it's black. I, too, think it's rather pricey. I have to say, though, it would have to be MUCH cheaper for me to consider it, purely because of the colour; if it were Tanzanite, I'd already have made an offer...

DavidL said:
Ok it's black but a very low miles, well specced car on eBay. Not cheap mind. 48k miles for £18k

Rip off been on sale for quite a while.

Like the colour.

Caravan Site Blue isn't it?

Disigno Mystic Blue. Which is a great colour.

That looks very nice. Shame it's not a 7 seater.

Looks OK, but more than I can justify spending on a daily driver, and after JohnEBoy's comment on the E63 5.5TT, I'm prepared to wait for a 55K.

Looks OK, but more than I can justify spending on a daily driver, and after JohnEBoy's comment on the E63 5.5TT, I'm prepared to wait for a 55K.

You should try one before writing them off.

There are plenty on here who love them - way more than those who don't i.e. just me it seems!

It's more to do with how good the E55K is rather than the E63 5.5 TT being a poor product per se.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom