E55k Estate, space saver tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tresco

Car
2003 E55K Estate & 1989 W124 300 TE Estate
Hi All,

Not sure if this belongs in the wheels & tyres section..

I'm getting conflicting advice from Mercedes dealers on the suitability of a space saver spare for my estate, both are saying the E55k can only have the can of sealant and compressor which I have, the handbook however shows the mini spare in the boot well, although maybe it's a generic image for all E class estates?

Anybody ordered one and any thoughts on if a regular E class space saver would fit?

Thanks!

I presume you're not referring to your W124...

Yes, the standard spacesaver fits; it was an extra-cost option on the five-seater estate, but not on the seven-seater, because there is no room to store it under the third row of seats.

If you want one, I have a 'spare' spare, weird collapsible tyre and all, in the garage. You need your compressor to inflate it; it is stored collapsed. The standard wheel bolts fit as well.

I've no idea how much MB might want for a new one, but I bought mine off eBay for £70 and was quite happy. Until I found the new (to me) E55K, contrary to what the dealer told me, already had one...

Thanks for the reply, yes I'd like it.

I don't have a high enough post count to PM you, can you PM me your details and I'll get in touch.

Apologies for the hi jack, but what is this collapsable wheel you speak of? I was in the same dilemma, and bought a space saver for my CLS, which is just kept in the boot, oppose to the compartment below the boot.

[YOUTUBE]_FulX2SUGzw[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
So, when your boot is full and you have to replace the wheel...where do you put the full size one you've just taken off?

Thanks for the reply, yes I'd like it.

I don't have a high enough post count to PM you, can you PM me your details and I'll get in touch.

The system won't let me PM you either. Dear darling Moderators, would it be possible to fix it so that I can do so, please?

mine had the space saver option, collapsible tyre and a pump.

normal e class one will be too small esp on the front due to caliper size.

i`ll try and dig the part number out tomorrow

That would be helpful; I'm pretty sure both of mine are the same size and part number, and I've actually used one of them on the car, which is also an E55K, but the part number will confirm it.

Thanks chaps, much appreciated.

I presume you're not referring to your W124...

Yes, the standard spacesaver fits; it was an extra-cost option on the five-seater estate, but not on the seven-seater, because there is no room to store it under the third row of seats.

You are making me think now but I'm as certain as I can be that my 7 seater has a spare wheel under the boot floor. As someone has said the void won't take the full size that comes off mind!

You are making me think now but I'm as certain as I can be that my 7 seater has a spare wheel under the boot floor. As someone has said the void won't take the full size that comes off mind!

I've not actually got my 7 seater yet but I've put the vin number in a site to see what the car is equipped with and it says it's got a spare wheel.

Interesting. I thought it was N/A for the seven-seater, but I dare say if the storage tray under the third row of seats was replaced with a shelf, it would fit.

It says in the decoder spare/collapsible wheel. Interestingly I can't seem to see the seven seat option.........

That would be helpful; I'm pretty sure both of mine are the same size and part number, and I've actually used one of them on the car, which is also an E55K, but the part number will confirm it.

Would you mind emailing me your contact number or email and I'll get in touch, I've got an early morning Gatwick run four up with luggage in a couple of weeks and I'd like to sort something before then.

[email protected]

Interesting. I thought it was N/A for the seven-seater, but I dare say if the storage tray under the third row of seats was replaced with a shelf, it would fit.

For some reason I don't seem to be able to copy and paste out of the Kiev vin decoder as a big chunk but its shows 844 for the 7 seats but doesn't mention a spare.
It does show
942LOAD COMPARTMENT PACKAGEand
954EQUIPMENT PACKAGE FOR AVANTGARDE VEHICLES which may or not be related.
I have it with me today so I'll check!

It's option 669 - Spare Wheel/Folding Wheel (I do like the notion of a folding wheel, but I know what they mean...).

The one that came with my five-seater is MB part no. 230 400 1902; the spare spare is slightly different - MB part no. 230 401 1902. They are identical wheels, though - wheel size 6B x 18 H2, ET25, both fitted with Vredestein 175/55/18 tyres; perhaps the part no.was changed after mine was made?

The car I'm getting definitely has 7 seats but in the de-coder there is no 844 but does have 669. I wonder if the 2 boot seats were retro fitted...........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How about A2114012502?
Wonder if that would fit e55 calipers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom