E55k on his holidays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickjonesn4

Car
E55K AMG Wagon, Porsche 993 C2S, Polestar 2
Having a great time in sunny Spain. Asturias/Picos de L'Europa is full of spectacular driving opportunities.

We used my E55K last year to go to Cornwall.

It was great actually and not as bad on fuel as I thought - although it was dreadful per se.

We used my E55K last year to go to Cornwall.

It was great actually and not as bad on fuel as I thought - although it was dreadful per se.

One thing I will never do to myself is work out the fuel bill for this trip!

One thing I will never do to myself is work out the fuel bill for this trip!

Long trips they are pretty good. I managed Cambridge to the Nurburgring on 1 tank of fuel - its Motorway/dual carriageway the entire way.

KillerHERTZ said:
Long trips they are pretty good. I managed Cambridge to the Nurburgring on 1 tank of fuel - its Motorway/dual carriageway the entire way.

Approx 447 miles you must have drove like a nun!

Roofbox and Bike not helped on the long runs. Then been making up for having to take it easy when they've been off the roof. Yesterdays jaunt averaged a princely 9 MPG.

Am going to look at an ML420 at the weekend with my w211 E320 cdi as a trade in. Reading this thread makes the 25 mpg ave for the ML look really good so will not worry about the 10 mpg less than my current E class

One thing I did notice is that even though my car was on 99 V Power / 99 Momentum whilst I had it, the trip to Cornwall and back really seemed to liven and loosen the car up for the better (and I've always done 40 minute journeys to work and back since I had it so not like it was a stop-start car).

Might be placebo mind.

One thing I did notice is that even though my car was on 99 V Power / 99 Momentum whilst I had it, the trip to Cornwall and back really seemed to liven and loosen the car up for the better (and I've always done 40 minute journeys to work and back since I had it so not like it was a stop-start car).

Might be placebo mind.

Mine definitely enjoys being ripped up mountain passes :D:D

Needless to say its made light work of a fully loaded boot, 4 people, roofbox and bike on top. A bit of added wind noise but that's it.

Its also proved to be a surprisingly capable off roader!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom