E63 estate exhaust...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cfoster

Car
W212 E350, Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, W201 190e, 2019 Volvo V90 R Design, Mk5 Golf Gti
I'm about a month into my W212 E63 estate ownership and still loving her, amazing that it can be such a comfy cruiser returning relatively good consumption, as well loading her up for tip runs, on the other hand you whack it in Sport+ and become an absolute loon in her!!!

Anyway as its a second/third family car I would like to make the exhaust a bit louder, I miss the noise of my old C63 PPP and the resonator delete noise from the SL55 I owned a couple of years back.

What are my best options to give the exhaust a louder noise? Is it a case of removing the 'H' pipe halfway down as I did with the SL55? I will be looking into the realms of an MSL remap etc but this won't be until Spring next year, I would like to make her louder before that!!

Only photo I have of her at the moment is attached!

Thanks

Attachments

• E63.jpg
    E63.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
You can't beat the noise of an AMG......

I'd go resonator delete first for extra noise. Then next spring when you are ready for a remap, I'd go for downpipes or cat delete if you want more noise.

MSL & Torqueflow are the best place to do this

Jules

With the resonator delete it that the backboxes or the centre part? I haven't had a detailed look underneath yet but appreaciate a bit of a steer!

MSL will be doing the mapping but I am lucky to have Pipecraft (who did my SL55) and Hayward and Scott within 5 mins of my house so will stay local!

Yes it's the centre section. I had this done first on mine and it's a good lift in noise / sound.

Hayward and Scott and Pipecraft are both very decent so you'll be in good hands there.

The resonator is the central box, usually replaced with a balance pipe of either H or X type. This makes for a more pronounced V8 burble. :)

I'd leave the back boxes alone if I were you, removal or replacement may cause droning.

Edit: Too slow again Jules. :D

Perfect thank you, thought it was the centre point as per my SL55 I had removed!

I will contact pipecraft this afternoon and get her booked in!

Perfect thank you, thought it was the centre point as per my SL55 I had removed!

I will contact pipecraft this afternoon and get her booked in!

Keep us posted as I'll hopefully be doing this next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you heard the car driving around from outside? It is quite loud already. I'm personally leaving mine as is, IMHO it doesn't need more volume.

Have you heard the car driving around from outside? It is quite loud already. I'm personally leaving mine as is, IMHO it doesn't need more volume.
Yeah, I must be getting old because I'm already thinking "it's going to be too loud". :rolleyes:

Not sure where my reply went...!!

Personally for me its a little too quiet, my C63 and M4 sounded amazing which made it that much more special to drive so want to replicate this on the E63. Its our third family car so not used all the time, I have a Smart Car which I use every day so need something to cheer me up from time to time!! (ok it's a Brabus Smartbut still rubbish!!).

Anyway I popped into Pipecraft today and they suggested that I do not need to have an X or an H pipe, two straight pipes would suffice, they advised that they have done many centre box removals on AMGs and have always done it this way. Is this correct or should I tell them to do an X / H pipe?

The AMG resonator itself has a very small connecting pipe build into it to balance the two sides out. If it's good enough for AMG...

Seriously, I would always go for what used to be known as a balance pipe, it does help with scavenging the gasses and getting rid of them quickly, which is what the primary purpose of an exhaust is.

Well had the pipe replaced today, wow wow wow!! The noise is so much more aggresive, reminds me of being back in my SL55 with no boxes!! I took a very short video of me blipping the throttle like an 18 yr old when I moved it across the drive earlier, not sure how to post?!!

^ If you have uploaded to Youtube, click the camera icon above in the reply post and insert the link.
If its a clip on your HD, just click the "Upload a file" box in blue in the reply post.

Well had the pipe replaced today, wow wow wow!! The noise is so much more aggresive, reminds me of being back in my SL55 with no boxes!! I took a very short video of me blipping the throttle like an 18 yr old when I moved it across the drive earlier, not sure how to post?!!

Very keen to see/hear the video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom