E63 front disks ...."bargain"....(!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
RRP £1900 !!!!! What a total ripoff , must be all of £50 worth of raw material at most ! Lol we should all post a picture of what you can buy with £1900 :)

That's cheap compared to what I paid for mine

c_200k said:
That's cheap compared to what I paid for mine

That's why I thought I'd post this link....I'm going to need new disks in a month or two and I haven't seen any cheaper. Having said that, the Pagid single piece disks are only £40 each, so you'd get through 15 sets for this pile of cash. How 'bad' can they be....?

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

That's why I thought I'd post this link....I'm going to need new disks in a month or two and I haven't seen any cheaper. Having said that, the Pagid single piece disks are only £40 each, so you'd get through 15 sets for this pile of cash. How 'bad' can they be....?

I was speaking to one of the guys in parts last time I was in and he said they are bringing the price down on some parts.

Even though mine are newish I considered buying new ones lol

Are you sure the Pagid are for the Front?

c_200k said:
Are you sure the Pagid are for the Front?

Hi Mate - that's what our local indy guy has told me. Don't tell me - I'm in for another depressing surprise....!

Chas H

Hi Mate - that's what our local indy guy has told me. Don't tell me - I'm in for another depressing surprise....!

Chas H

When I changed mine all round the rears were avail in copy parts but the fronts were oem only.

the only other option for the fronts was to order them from the US from a company called racing brake.

I just went the oem route.

double and triple check that the fronts are avail yourself. If they are I highly doubt they are £40.

I've just checked ecp and the pagid are rear discs only at £40. Fronts look like its still oem only.

Brake prices.

A snip at £1200.00 a pair.....(gulp)

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151625192644

My SL55 is due to have new discs/pads at the next service and my indie contacted me to let me know that the quote they'd given had dropped by £500 because the price of the front discs had changed. I considered a £500 saving was worth having and paid up-front for the parts in case the prices rose again. The ebay price you've shown is £285 cheaper than the price I considered a bargain and if I hadn't already secured a set, I'd be on ebay right now.
Derek.

What? 1900? You can get lot for that money. Decent CLK? I Paid 1850,- for my wifes golf4 gt tdi 3yrs ago and only needed to replace in that time was brake light switch £6 from ebay.
It makes me feel im not yet reach enough for AMG :(

Pagid discs are pretty poor on these cars. I fitted discs and pads all round. Squeek squeak squeak...

Pagid discs are pretty poor on these cars. I fitted discs and pads all round. Squeek squeak squeak...

What do you recommend ?

Just got the prices back from MB in Frankfurt - £650.00 + vat. UK list £1,500+ So much for EU parity heh...?

Just got the prices back from MB in Frankfurt - £650.00 + vat. UK list £1,500+ So much for EU parity heh...?

On the plus side, this being the EU, you can order the parts from Germany?

markjay said:
On the plus side, this being the EU, you can order the parts from Germany?

I'm in Frnkfurt next week, so will be collecting them in person... I've also asked them for fitting cost, so we'll see what the labour rates are like too!

is that a front set of discs or each?

Hi W4e300, while you are in Germany would you mind asking MB how much the set are for the cls55 performance pack?
Many thanks.

c_200k said:
is that a front set of discs or each?

For the pair inc pads & sensors......(!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom